Stamped Shaded Nail Art With Acrylic-Gradient's!

Allo polish Pals!
How are you doing today? Did you have a great weekend? I didn't really get up to much,I created some nail art that basically took all day. I was about 60% done on my first version before I messed up. I then started again. I took pictures, I was sort of satisfied with my freehand but the accent nails didn't please me at all so I ended up redoing three fingers again and finally.. I was happy with it!!

Today's manicure was created after some brain storming and planning. I wanted to do something that involved acrylic and freehand with the combination of nail art stamping. I'll explain below how I actually created this! Its not the neatest looking manicure but I feel like I could maybe take this idea and go in different ways with it!

For this manicure I began with my usual base of OPI's 'Nail Envy'. I then proceeded with two coats of NYC's 'Williams Vintage'. I allowed this to dry and then created a wavey line with grey acrylic paint – I did these lines from one side to the other on each nail. Next I used black, grey and white acrylic paint to 'shade' one side of each nail, leaving the other side plain and white. I then used Born Pretty Store's 'Black Stamping Polish' (review and info here) and tried to stamp mainly my black and white side of each nail. Some stamping overlapped onto the white side but that doesn't matter. I allowed that to dry and then created a pinky/purple gradient with my acrylics and fave brushes – this also took care of any stamping that had strayed over my original grey line. I finished up by adding a line between the greyscale side and the coloured side, cleaned around the edges using my clean up brush and applied my Pro-FX top coat to seal it all in. Of course I had to try matte, matte certainly one!

I really like how effective it looks. It could be better but I really liked experimenting with combining different things. I can see more manicures like this in the future. Its a nice mix and quite an enjoyable process for when I don't feel like doing full on freehand.

What do you think of this acrylic/stamping combo? Do you like mixing up techniques?
Have a wonderful day, I'll catch you again on Wednesday!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Hi dear! You've done a great work it! I like the 3 dimensionality! Kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Zauberin, It was fun to play around! <3

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! Yeah, I sometimes combine stamping with freehand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, A.notcopyacat! I'm a big fan of your stamping! <3

      Delete
  3. I love the mix of softness with the gradient, with the contrast of the geometric design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! For me the contrast between colorful and black-and-white is what stands out most, closely followed by the contrast between gradient and geometric. Definitely a winner :)

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig