Metallic Blue Satin-like Smoosh Nails

Allo polish Pals!

How are you all doing today? Tell me something lovely about your weekend :)
Yesterday I had a nice day just wandering around the mini mall with my sister-in-law. I got another weeny tri-pod. I'm going to take it to England with me, when everyone is at work/school I'll fiddle about and try to see if I can actually film something half decent while I paint! 
This manicure was created a couple weeks ago, while I am not in part of any groups for smooshy nails it had been something on my list of things to try for quite some time, I finally got around to it!
I've made dry marble decals before but this technique with the stamper was new to me. I'd had a few attempts in the past by trying to smoosh directly onto my nails (Oh god, the mess, I always seemed to make some kind of disgusting brown colour!) I kinda like how these look!

For this smooshy nail art I used H&M's 'Metallic Blue', Essence's 'A Girl With A Pearl' and Catrice's 'St. Tropez'. I laid down a layer of clear polish and once that had dried, added a blob of each polish to my marshmallow stamper. I then proceeded to smoosh onto the dry polish. I left these over night to dry nicely. I then applied my base coat, OPI's Nail envy – allowed to dry and then gently applied the decals by warming them in my hands, and gently pressing them onto my nail. They slowly become more pliable and I am able to remove any excess with my clean up brush and remover. I decided to give it a little contrast by adding a 'sort of' ruffian by using a thin brush and black acrylic paint. I topped it all off with my Pro-FX top coat.

I think it looks very earthy... like a satellite image of clouds! My regret is that I didn't take it further and perhaps stamp on top but I still wanted to share it with you!

What do you think of this smooshy colour combo? Have you tried smooshy nails before?

Have a super fabulous day! I'll see you again on Tuesday? Don't be a stranger :)

Love
Ithi
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. The effect came out so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The final outcome is beautiful. I never tried dry marble technique before :)
    I slept most of weekend because at night I was awake watching Euro Cup :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Upbeat! You should give it ago, its pretty easy and its the kind of thing you can prepare for another day if you are short on time. I leave mine to dry over night! I hope you are enjoying the matches! everyone here is following too!

      Delete
  3. It's so pretty! And yes, the colors you chose are tempting me to have a scoop of black current and vanila icecream hun! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm actually glad you didn't stamp on it. It's great as it is :)
    Didn't know the trick of warming decals to make them easier to handle. I'm definitely going to try that out myself.

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig