Black & White Vintage Mickey vs Colourful Modern Mickey - Freehand

Allo polish Pals!

How are you doing today? I hope you have had a great weekend, do you have anything nice planned for the weekend? I'm hoping that very soon I will be able to give you an exciting announcement. That's all I'm going to say for now but I am busy planning something!

Today's nails are inspired by both the modern and classic versions of Mickey. If you didn't know, the classic version of Mickey was created by Mr Walt Disney back in 1928 so the original cartoons were in black in white. Of course as technology advanced Mickey went through several upgrades to his current state which we all know and love in colour.

I really wanted to bring both of them together on my nails. My first version had different accompanying nail art but I felt like this one shows the transition from black and white to colour better.


I began with my all time fave base coat, OPI's 'Nail Envy' and created a nice clean canvas by painting NYC's 'Williamsburg Vintage'. For my water coloured nails I used acrylic paints and cotton buds – You can see my tutorial here. I then used my favorite Bundle Monster and Edinburgh Realism brush to bring the two Mickey's to life. I finished with a coat of my Pro-FX top coat and added a coat of 'Wet 'N' Wild's Matte top coat because it seemed very fitting for the nail art!

I'm quite pleased with how these turned out. I had 'quite a bit of trouble with the Mickey's but I feel like it didn't come out too bad! Are there any other Disney characters you'd like to see on my nails?

What do you think of my two Mickey's? Which one do you like best?

Have a beautiful day and a sweet weekend! I'll catch you on Sunday!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I love the both version vintage and modern. Both turned out fantastic :D
    May be Disney princess next time? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Oh disney princesses would be super fun to try! I have to be honest, I get a bit scared when it comes to drawing faces and people but its certainly on my list of things to do! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design, I'm always overwhelmed by your awesome painting skills!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this major love for the Steamboat Willie cartoons, I even have a grey and black stuffed animal of classic Mickey. I love this nail art SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so refreshing mani! I loved those nails! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great! Awesome! Fantastic! *searches for more words to express how she feels about this manicure* Impressive!!!

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig