Freehand Desert Portal Nails

Allo polish Pals!

How are you all doing today? Do you have something awesome planned for this weekend?

I've been uber organised lately and I feel like its doing me good!

Today's nail art is one I am not too sure about, I'll explain my intentions just in case it visually doesn't make sense. I wanted to create a landscape and have another landscape within it by adding a portal of some sort – kinda like I did with my dragon portal nail art.

However... I think this just looks kind of odd. I don't hate it but I am certainly not in love with it. I think the road looks a bit funny and the portal just doesn't look right. But you never know until you try these things!


For this manicure I began with my Mezmris Nail Lacquer base coat because I love its rich vitamin formula and super fast dry time. Next I applied two coats of a medium blue polish (no names or numbers..) from a brand called Boulevard De Beaut which came from Mr Bravo. I then sealed it in with a coat of Pro-FX top coat and used my favourite brushes to freehand the details of my landscape. I finished it all off with another coat of Pro-FX top coat. I wasn't digging the glossy version at all so I went ahead and applied Wet 'N' Wild's matte top coat.

I find it really weird looking at my nail shape, I've make them a little more almond recently. Seeing them like this makes them look weird to me even if they are not that much different!

What do you guys think, does it look like a portal? I think the other location looks less dry..

Have yourselves a beautiful weekend, my friends! I'll be back on Monday for some more nail art fun!

Love
Ithi
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Your imagination has no limits and so is true for your awesome manis! You are the best Ithi! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's surprising yet prettily done. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ♥ your nail art skills! This mani look so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea- it's so whimsical and the painting is beautifully done. I can appreciate the portal from the desert to the sea, being a desert dweller myself! I am always blown away by the amount of beautiful detail you put into your nail art. I especially love the realistic shading you achieved on the cattle skull. Amazing! As far as you feeling like the portal looks a little bit off, I think it is just because the horizon line of the water in the portal is above the horizon line of the sand in the desert. Beautiful mani as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an interesting idea and it turned out really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the little mirage you've painted! What an idea!
    Kisses! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it a lot (especially your thumb... that cactus and skull are great) but I can see what you mean by it being a bit off... can't really put my finger on it though.

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig