Don't worry, He's Friendly! Freehand Octopus Nails

Ahoy there, polish Pals!
How are you today? I hope the weather is beautiful and sunny where you are? It's been quite wet and miserable here. I have another Pinterest inspired manicure today, I had wanted to do a freehand octopus for absolutely ages but I just hadn't felt brave enough. Initially I planned a more realistic version, perhaps even a little creepy but this guy came out super cute instead. Here is the pin I was inspired by – You'll see a lot was changed but I loved the idea. Don't worry sailors, He's perfectly friendly if you toss him a sandwich or two!..
 For this manicure I began with two coats of Rimmel's 'Bestival Blue' and created a gradient with Dorothy L's '#207'. Everything else was done with my Oumaxi acrylics and my bamboo brush. I really enjoyed painting this, I love those type of freehand manicures that just feel so relaxing to do!

I think completely failed to add any kind of shading detail with this manicure but I don't think I mind too much this time.. Or at least.. I guess the pink to orange could have been blended better but shh.

What do you think of this big squishy octopus? Have you done any sea/ocean nail art?

Have a fantastic day!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. I love this octopus mani, it's cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! This manicure is gorgeous! Your octopus is too cute! He can have my lunch... 😍
    I also love the little boat you added. Perfect!
    xo, Pia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Pia! I'm glad you like it :) I'm sure he is really grateful for the sandwich, I wonder how many he ate to get so big?! xx

      Delete
  3. Ithi, you are surprising me every time. I love this design, it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Fife! You are always too kind! xx

      Delete
  4. The weather is cold and rainy here, no summer atm - cute octopus :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry about your weather, A.notacopyacat! I hope you get some nice summer weather soon! Thank you so much :) xx

      Delete
  5. free hand ? mamma mia ... so artistic look , i like it ! have a nice day dear Ithi !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Bubica! Yes it was a freehand effort, took quite a while to complete! I hope you have a wonderful day too :) xx

      Delete
  6. I love the octopus, he's adorable! Great mani again! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ann-Sofie, I am glad you like him :D <3

      Delete
  7. I love your cute and friendly looking octopus! I like the way you added a little bit of shine to the waves, that gives a depth to the whole mani! Great art work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Andrea! I decided to begin with the shimmery blue instead of adding it on top, I think it worked alright! :) xx

      Delete
  8. This is soooo adorable! Sadly the weather in Germany is just as bad as in Holland ... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Stadwaldvogel! Oh no I am sorry to hear about your weather. Luckily Holland has warmed up today, I hope it has in Germany too :) xx

      Delete
  9. You did an amazing job! Your octo is so cute, amazing details and beautiful as always :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, LittleMonster, you are so kind :) <3

      Delete
  10. That is so cute! Your freehand work is amazing as always Ithi :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, that octupus is so cute, I love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely octopus! I want to hug him!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oww another super cute nail art of yours! :3
    The octopus is adorable! <3

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig