The Gate To The Secret Garden

Allo polish Pals,
How are you today? I hope your having a good start to the week :) I have to apologize for my slow posting again, I've been feeling a little rough over the past couple days but I'm feeling better now! Yesterday I attempted some more stamping, while I love doing nail stamping I have always had trouble. I can never get the pattern neatly consistent or the tips of my nails aren’t covered by the pattern. That's why I decided to make my stamp pattern by creating my own whole-length decals. I found it worked much better. Sometimes I really believe that you have to find your own way to make something work for you. Not always will the same technique work for everyone.

I started by applying Barry M's 'Gold Foil' on my ring finger and added one blue gem and two pink gems on top. On my other fingers I applied two coats of Model's Own's 'Blueberry Muffin' and on top of that added Deborah Lippmann's 'Glitter In The Air' (Love love love) I used Barry M's 'Gold Foil' again to create my decals using my Nail Craze's plate 02. On of my all time favourite patterns to stamp with.

I feel I got the pattern laid down more consistently than if I tried to stamp directly onto my nail. The decals where pretty easy to work with too. I did find I didn't quite cover my middle finger nail but all in all it was easier for me.
Maybe this manicure is not for everyone but I really liked how the pink and blue glitter peeks through the pattern :) What do you think of this manicure? Do you like glitter polishes paired with stamping?

Have a great day!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

22 comments

  1. Both polishes are working soooo good together! The stamping is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Stadwaldvogel, I really like this combination but I was worried most people wouldn't like it! :) I'm glad you like it too! xx

      Delete
  2. OMG, this is just stunning Ithi! I looove it. So subtle and beautiful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ann-Sofie! :) I rather like subtle for a change! :D xx

      Delete
  3. I love how you combined the colors and designs for this manicure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Natalie, this is of course one of my favorite plates by you :) xx

      Delete
  4. love it ! it like art on stained glass ! perfect !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bubica! I suppose it does look a little like stained glass! xx

      Delete
  5. i think this looks so lovely and the gold looks really delicate and soft! I've never tried stamping, maybe it'll be something i try this year. Also, thanks for the book suggestion; i've always meant to read a John Green book. Maybe that's something i'll try too this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lolly! I think so too, its gentle and subtle! I'd like to see your pictures if you try stamping! :) I really like his style of writing, I'll be referring back to your list when I finish the book I am on now :D xx

      Delete
  6. these colors are gorgeous together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is beautiful! I don't have the patience for anything so complex myself but love to see what other people can do - love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie! I have to admit it did test my patience a little as it was my first proper try at making decals but It got a lot easier as it went on :) xx

      Delete
  8. Hope you'll get better soon!
    And I adore this, it's looks very romantic and adorable. I also must try the decal technique, my nails are long and super curved in all directions and it's so annoying always failing with the stamping. I also heard that some people have saved their decals in jars for a month which open up for an "archive" of decals, like advanced nail art prepared for a day when there's little time :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gelic, I'm feeling quite a bit brighter now! I think I was just 'under the weather'. I'm glad you like this! You should try the decal method. I personally find it easier to ensure that I get my nails fully covered with the pattern. Yes you can do that I heard too, I actually just did a manicure and left the decals over night to make sure they where nice and set :) xx

      Delete
  9. This is beautiful Ithi. I love the blue and gold combo. I've never made my own decals but yours are just perfect :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lou! I hope your having a great vacation :) Your stamping skills are so great I think you'd spend more time trying it this way. If I could stamp like you I would do it the original way also! xx

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous nail art, I really love everything about it, the colors, the design, fantastic :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I didn't want to take this one off which is always a good sigh, hehe :) xx

      Delete
  11. beautiful manicure :) i love the gold over that polish.

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig