Freehand Desert Sunset & Windmill Nails

Allo polish Pals!

Happy Friday to you all, I hope you've had a great week! Have you got anything fun planned for this weekend? Me? I've nothing really planned out but that all depends on the post and what the post man may or may not be bringing. Fingers crossed!

Today's nail art is aptly timed for the current theme over on Tiny Canvas where the prompt this week is Sunset nails. I painted these in December and I kind of liked the unearthly, unnatural look of this landscape. Its so sort of minimalistic that is perhaps looks a little apocalyptic?










For this manicure I began with my OPI Nail Envy base coat and once dry applied two thin coats of China Glaze's 'White On White' (which is getting dangerously low!) I applied a thin coat of my Pro-FX top coat (not so great to finish my manicure with, but ok to paint on top) and moved in with my acrylic paints.

The acrylic-gradient – ie my sky was created with a brush and various shades of pink, purple and peachy shades of acrylic paint. Everything else was create used my Dance 20 brush from WhatsUpNails. Finally I sealed in my art with ORLY's 'Glosser' top coat for a nice glossy finish. Of course..me being me, I had to see how it looked matte too!

What do you think about this nail art? Would you like to visit this place? Peaceful or creepy?

Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you have a fantastic weekend. I'll see you again on Monday.




Love,
Ithi
SHARE:

29 comments

  1. Wow, amazing sky and the details are very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to do taxes... ugh! But they're all done now so I get to do fun stuff, like browsing the web and looking at your pretty nails :)
    To me it looks peaceful, there's no forms or numbers or calculators in sight ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blending of the sky is done so well. So much detail all the way down to the highlights on the desert hillside. A beautiful creation once again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a work of art, so creative. It takes a skill to create this on a such small space like a nail. Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is incredible! I could never do this, it's amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did you get the colours to blend so well. I especially love the little stars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are awesome and so intricate! Love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This nail art is amazing! and rather romantic at that! i love the colors of the sky and the details of the windmill

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg this nail art is insane! i absolutely love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! Spwcacular art here on your nails. Amazig job. Would love to be able to mae such a wondeful manicure for myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally love your amazing nail art!!! You are so talented! I wish I could do that! Shell

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so talented! Do you ever paint other people's nails? I bet they would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! This is absolutely stunning! I would definitely pay for nail art as stunning as this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you never seem to amaze me with your colourful designs and creativity. This one is just so beautiful. i love it

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's beautiful. I wish you could teach on how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. There's indeed something apocalyptic to it, and the windmill made me think of Don Quixote. Anyway, amazing artwork again! I can't stop admiring your patience and precision.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Omg, love your nails, the colours look great! Amazing design too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have seen your many nail arts and each one is unique in its design with creativity. Tiny nail is your canvas of beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that your nails look like art. So pretty and very detailed. I like them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have a real talent and skill. This nail art is amazing , so intricate and the colours are fab x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love those nails! You are so talented! :) I wouldn’t mind visiting a place like that.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, the gradient in this manicure is done so perfectly! I could never do that on my own, but I would most definitely try!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is indeed beautiful nail art. You really impressed with your works. You are so creative and talented on doing art like this.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have such great talent...I cannot even paint my nails with plain nail polish let alone creating such intricate patterns..

    ReplyDelete
  25. Only a master nail-artist like you can thought of projecting a tough thing like desert sunset into a really amazing nail-art. Such a great talent of yours.. I loved all the nail-arts done by you. From that polar bear themed nail-art to today's desert sunset theme all of them are amazingly beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my goodness, those nails are stunning! I love the sunset theme as sunsets are my favorite! You are so great at this!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this kind of art you do on your nails. Its colorful and indeed very artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your nail arts are always da bomb! You are so creative. And yes, I would so visit even if creepy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love these, so pretty and cute!

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig