Freehand Loch Ness Monster Nail Art

Allo polish Pals!

How are you all doing today? I hope you've had a fantastic week, cheers to the weekend ahead!

Today I have another freehand design for you. I've wanted to do this idea for quite sometime but I couldn't quite work out how I wanted it to look. My idea was to feature the mighty, magical and often debated Loch Ness monster.

I decided not to really follow any references (or theories, rather) and to paint my Nessie as I would like to imagine her, I'm saying 'her' because I really think mine looks rather feminine. I've also painted her to look quite kind and friendly!

Glossy version.



If you guys have followed me for a while, or if you've come across my nail art before you probably know I love painting water. Beach scenes, oceans.. I just find it truly relaxing and this was exactly the same.

I used my usual base coat, OPI's 'Nail Envy' and once dried I applied two coats of 'One's' blue nail polish in #207. This is one of the polishes my mum picked up for me in Greece and to me it looks like a beautiful summer sky captured in a bottle!

Next I applied a coat of my Pro-FX top coat, drying within minutes I was then able to crack out the acrylic paints and get to work with my brushes. I finished it off by sealing the design in with two more thin coats of top coat and eventually added my Barry M matte top coat.

I can't decide which version I like best, glossy or matte. Do you guys have a preference on this one?

What do you think of my Loch Ness monster? Would you want to befriend her?

Have a fantastic weekend, thank you so much for stopping by! I'll catch you again on Monday for more nail art fun! 


Love,
Ithi
SHARE:

39 comments

  1. Amazing mani!! All the details are so perfect: the water, the Loch Ness monster. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that's the cutest Nessie I've ever seen! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you darling, what a compliment! :D

      Delete
  3. You have an amazing talent! I can't even begin to imagine how much time it took with this kind of detail. Bravo! Can you do my nails? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you Robyn! Somewhere between 3-4 hours for this design.. Phew.. I needed a break when I was done, haha :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, your nails are so cool! I wish I can do my nails like that, that's real talent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing. I'd say I like the matte one, cause I love the dull look matte give but with this design and it being water I say the gloss works best makes it look like the water sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Cia! I am a sucker for matte top coats so I normally take pictures of my designs in both glossy and matte :)

      Delete
  6. My daughter and I love your art. Can't wait to check out your tutorials and videos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Stephanie, if you show her I'd love to know what she thought :) Sadly my tutorial collection is very small but I am now branching into videos :D

      Delete
  7. I am bowled over by your talent! Love the nail art; it looks so wonderful and inspiring. And fun! So much fun to look at!
    www.thequeenofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! This is so beautiful. You are an artist. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, these are just so wonderful! It is very apparent that you enjoy painting water by how amazing your art is! She is the sweetest Nellie. I love it both glossy and matte.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kimett and for sharing this on google+. I am so glad you like it!

      Delete
  10. wow! you got talent on this. really creative and awesome. Im looking forward to learn this one. is this hard?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I would say this is one of my harder designs as it is mostly made up of acrylic paint and took around 4 hours. If you give it a go or recreate it I'd love to see your version!

      Delete
  11. Wow! You are so incredibly talented! This is absolutely adorable! I'm going to have to show this to my sister! She loves nail art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! I'd love to know what she thinks if she see's my nail art :)

      Delete
  12. Wow you are so talented! Love these nails.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nessie is adorable and I would definitely like to have her as a friend :)
    I think the shiny one is a little more appropriate as she's all wet and wet isn't matte, or at least the incessant rain over here isn't ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you darling Joyce! I'd want to be friends with her too! Now that you say that.. the glossy version is rather fitting! <3

      Delete
  14. Oh my gosh these are so totally cute and adorable!! I'd love to do my nails like that!! Super fun! Shell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Shell for your kind words! :D

      Delete
  15. Wow wow! You have got a skill! So beautiful. Nail art is a special art isn't it? Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Anna! Very kind of you to say :D

      Delete
  16. Nessie is soooo cute! Did you paint it on both hands? I never could quite get how to paint my right fingers with my left (cuz I'm right-handed). Love how you did the blue skies and waters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tiffany! I'll be entirely honest and say I'm not highly ambidextrous but I also don't paint my other hand very often because designs like these can take up to four hours. By then I am itching for a break and by the time comes around its time for a new design altogether!

      Delete
  17. this e nail art are amazing, I wish I can do that, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow that is so super creative!!! I must say, without having any template or design to actually follow, you did an amazing job!! 😉

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig