Freehand Crying Girl & Raven Nail Art

Allo polish Pals!
How are you all doing today? Did you do anything awesome, do share with me? My weekend was alright so far, Yesterday morning was the birthday party of Mr Bravo and I's nephew who just turned 1. Such a cutie. Sadly I didn't do much the rest of the day. My eye has randomly decided to swell up. I really can not describe the feeling but it is relentless. There's just no relief from the pain. I really wanted to do some more freehand but I just couldn't....However..

Today I have some nail art...that I am really, really, proud of. Yes you heard me correctly, I am pleased with something! Haha. I was just having one of those 'down' days. I was not in a very positive mood (I'm ok – I get that sometimes. I just ride it out then I'm fine again) and then I created this... Maybe I need to make more sad nail art, baha.


I started this manicure as I always do, with OPI's 'Nail Envy' base coat and once dry I applied two coats of NYC's 'Williamsburg Vintage'. I added a lick of my Pro-FX top coat and proceeded with my acrylic paints. First of all I did a very simple water colour back ground. (You can see my tutorial video here) Everything else was created freehand with my favorite brushes. I played around with the finish, I sealed it all in with another layer of Pro-FX and then added Catrice's 'Matte & More' which gave it a really interesting pinky sheen.

Does your nail art ever reflect how you are feeling? What do you think of this manicure?

Have a beautiful day, I'll catch ya on Tuesday!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Wow, you drew it so beautifully!
    It's amazing.
    My nails sometimes reflect my moods, sometimes not. It's more a need for a certain colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, A.notcopyacat! I get that urge for certain colours too, always warm shades when I want to be cheery!

      Delete
  2. This is crazy gorgeous! I love the design.
    Not sure if my nails reflect my mood... but I tend to reach for bright and happy polishes when the weather is gloomy and gray, to brighten up the day a little :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Emelie! <3 I do that too, like our nails are a little reverse psychology and we suddenly feel warmer on the inside! :D

      Delete
  3. What a way to relax mind by transferring your mood in such a great way! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... just wow!
    My nails definitely reflect my mood at the time of painting them but as I don't have the time to redo them every day, they may not reflect my mood the next day ;)

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig