Acrylic Rainbow Slices And Greyscale

Allo polish Pals!

How are you doing today?  I can't wait for spring..and summer! Is it time yet!? Bring it!

Today's manicure started off as one thing and totally escalated into something quite extreme!
My original idea was to create gradients from black to white with acrylic paint (These are hard work but I find them so relaxing!) and have slices with a rainbow gradient in it. For some reason after taking my first lot of pictures I decided to just add more triangles – I have to be honest that the lines were done in the dark (my painting space was taken up with my photography set up) So....I do kinda like the end result though.




Matte Version.
For this polish I began with Essence's 'Girl With A Pearl' from the 'all that greys' collection. I needed a light base but I also wanted to map out my rainbow triangles so I was able to paint guide lines with white acrylic paint. Next I created gradients from black to grey and into white. Not all the grey nail gradients are the same – You'll see some end up back at black and others are a more standard gradient. Next I used my coloured acrylics to try and blend together a rainbow within the triangles. I then topped those off with Collistar's glitter.


I've shown you a few stages of this manicure, which one do you like best - The first with just the two gradients, the second with the added triangles or the final matte version?

Have a beautiful day!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. wow, one of the most beautiful design Ithi! Spectacular effect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this geometric mani super much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful geometric nail art. Like everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a door of a space ship is opening up and beautiful space is slowly visible to my eyes! I feel as if I am lost in the colors of space! These is so original! I just loveeeeeeeee it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally I like the first one (with just the two gradients) best. When I saw it, I immediately thought of the cover of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so pretty, they remind me of Pink Floyd The Dark Side of the Moon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. My. *__*
    I must say I love both the first version (no triangles) and the final matte one.
    By the way, this is many is simply amazing! My very first thought went to Pink Floyd just like Joyce said above.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very unique and great job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, that looks great, I love the idea <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool! I immediately thought of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon album cover, and I note that I was not the only one judging from the comments!

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig