Holographic Leaf/Feather Nail Art Foils - Born Pretty Store Review

Allo polish Pals!
How are you doing on this fine Monday? I hope you a had a great weekend? We had family over to celebrate Mr Bravo's birthday yesterday – even though his birthday was in September while we were in England. It was a belated catch up :) It was pretty fun! Today I have some gorgeous holographic-ness to share with you. Remember how my camera usually hates all holographic things? Well...It still does and it was a real fun experiment with endless pictures and very minimal results. These are 'Holographic Leaf/Feather Nail Art Foils' from the Born Pretty Store. 

I just... I'm sorry for the picture quality. I struggled hard to get the holo to show...Forgive me!

Are we seeing some holographic magic here?



These beautiful nail art foils come on one long sheet and are approximately 100cm long and 4cm in width. They feature multiple styles of leaves (For example some look long and feathery and others look more like maple leaves) and the pattern is repeated through out the foil. The rest of the foil is transparent in between. The holo effect on these foils is really strong – it shows more vividly on the nails as I move my hand then the picture allows me to demonstrate.

One thing I notice... I know to normally place foils with any holo parts facing down on the nail and the dull side of the foil facing upwards. However both sides where full of holographic wonders so I needed a little gluey piece of paper to test which way I would need to be placing my foil pieces.

I also used the method I mentioned recently – to preserve the holo and not have it shrink or become dull when adding my top coat on top I first added another layer of my beauty glue on top the foil. Once that had gone transparent I added my top coat. The holo lasted better than any previous attempts I had made.

I really like the pattern and pretty holographic (how many more times must I say that word in one post?) touch - I think these foils would look super cute for winter manicures.

What do you guys think of these holographic nail foils? Have you used foils before? - 
There is going to be 3 days (from the 28th) of Halloween nail art. This year I actually had fun with it!!

Have a lovely day!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

25 comments

  1. These is so so so gorgeous! Can see your hardwork to capture holo, and can see holo in all of the pictures above. :-) very well done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nailfame! I'm so glad you said that <3 Yes I really did try hard! Its just something my camera refuses to co-operate with and that make me so frustrated!! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Holos are really hard to capture. You did well. I think I loved over white more than black :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! Thank you so much. I think I prefer it on white too, It has a very different look :) I think maybe the holo bounces off of white easier too. xx

      Delete
  3. Oh wow this is amazing! The nail art foils show up surprisingly well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning - I love it <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Maria. That means a lot because you are the Queen of all Holo's :) xx

      Delete
  5. wow, i am not in love with foil, dont know to transfer it , but this one is really nice !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bubica it is actually not too difficult. You need a special kind of glue. Its basically a matter of getting the glue to the right point (no longer white) putting the foil on and rubbing until the pattern transfers. Thank you! <3

      Delete
  6. I really like the holographic leaves :) I haven't used a foil in a while. Ya holos are hard to photograph... I usually turn off all the lights in the room and just use my camera flash for holos but it's not always color accurate that way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lovestruck! Oh I didn't even try with the flash... normally my flash kills everything into a horrible white light :D Its kind of a relief to knows I'm not the only one who struggles with this! xx

      Delete
  7. Looks really amazing. Love it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really pretty manicure! Lovely foil :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks really good! I like this a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many thanks, Stadtwaldvogel! I am so glad you do :D <3

      Delete
  10. This nail art is simply stunning. I did not knew about these foils, I love the effect of them on your nails! I have to look up for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should find some! I really enjoy using them, they took a bit of getting used to the first time but its not too difficult. You just need some beauty glue that goes from white to transparent when dry. I'd love to see what type of foils you would use! xx

      Delete
  11. It looks gorgeous!! You have a winner combo here

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this holographic nails! Last time when I used mobile manicure services , I got holographic mani and pedi too! It was gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome, I love this holo effect :)

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig