Freehand Dog Walking Day Nail Art

Allo polish Pals!

How are you doing today? I hope you are having a great start to your week?

I bet you didn't know that the 22nd February is 'walking the dog day'? There are all sorts of bizarre and unheard of days through out the year, sometimes they make great inspiration for nail art. Obviously if you have a dog you should be walking him/her every day but I guess today is a sort of celebration in the joys of dog walking.

I no longer have a dog and I dearly miss my last (even now) We've always had Golden Retrievers and they will always remain dear in my heart. I still love to go out walking but I miss a furry companion to share those moments with, I was forever talking to them whilst walking and had so many fun times.

I do remember one time when my last Goldie who was absolutely brilliant off the lead (usually) got distracted – he had a thing for balls and the direction I had taken us lead to a rugy match in the next field. I was SO scared he was about to run off and steal their rugby ball, can you imagine how embarrassing that would have been with about 200 people stood around watching? Would I have to had chase him around the field to retrieve their ball?! Luckily he behaved but I knew he had a little laugh at my panic.








I'm going to just say.. this nail art didn't turn out how I had wanted it to, in fact I'm not really keen on it at all but I like what it represents. I wish I had done more with the scenery. I just feel like its really lacking something.. Also.. my clean up was horrendous!!

For this design I began with my OPI Nail Envy base coat – not needed with the Breathable nail polish I used but old habits die hard and I like the extra care it offers my nails under each manicure.
I then followed with two thin coats of ORLY's 'White Tips' which is now my absolute favourite white nail polish and works great as a base for my nail art. I sealed this all in with a thin layer of my Pro-FX top coat (I am not sure why I am using this, its not at its 'best') and once dry moved in with my acrylic base. I mixed colours to create a bright blue to lighter blue background, using a brush to merge the two shades together. For all the other details I used my Dance 20 Whats Up Nails brush.

I sealed everything in with a lick of OPI's Glosser top coat and eventually my Barry M matte top coat.

What do you think of this nail art? Are you a fan of dog walking, or even just walking?

Thank you so much for visiting, I hope you will have an awesome day! I look forward to reading you comments as always! I'll see you again on Friday.



Love,
Ithi
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Oh no. I'm sorry. We lost our German shaped last year and we still can't get used to not having her. And seems that I'm always behind in these "national days"...
    Gorgeous nail job 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry didn't turn out as you wanted it to be. for me it looks fab!
    and as a dog person I am even more fond of this work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg.... are you serious? that's talent. you should like paint things on rice! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are incredibly talented. How do you draw a dog on fingernails? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are so skilled! I can barely put my nail polish on in the lines, much less do a design like this! If I had a dog, I definitely think I would be a fan of dog walking, as I am a fan of walking in general (maybe not in the winter lol)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that is such a cute nail art. You are so creative. You really impressed with all your nail arts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Again your creativity amazes me, this is so sweet. You are so very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It turned out to be beautiful and cute! I didn't know about February 22 but I'll remember it now because of these nail art, awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are sooo talented. The doggies look so realistic. If i never knew better i would have thought the designs were applied and not done by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so incredible talented, love that cute and colorful design :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such a fab talent when it comes to nail art. these look so great and I cannot believe the detail on these x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute, love the nail art. I love the details in this, the dog looks so cute. And off course I am a fan of dog walking :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is amazing and so very creative! I love the colors and the use of nails as a canvas for art. It's even got shadowing - you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't imagine doing this on my nails free hand! You have so much talent! I love every single detail on it. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your today's freehand art is so cute. I am in all grin seeing pretty thought brought alive on nails. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such unique designs, love it! No idea how you do it sooo well :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Even though I can see what you mean with the scenery and all, I still think your nails look great! Yep, another one that we love even if you don't ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! You are really talented! I think the design came out great. Love them so much!

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig