Freehand Water Colour & Eye Nail Art

Allo polish Pals!
How are you guys doin'? Are you doing anything fun this weekend? Something is happening here tomorrow... I don't actually know too much (And I'm the kind of girl who needs to know everything!)... I dunno. I'm sure it will be fun :)  Sunday I am going to work on my 3rd Halloween manicure (I am doing Halloween nails even if I am not posting them all month long - I just can't! Don't make me! :'( ) 

Anyway, today I have a manicure I created while I was in England.
I wanted this to be super artsy, colourful and down right awesome! Check, check, ehmm..Not sure about the awesome part! If you havn't already please don't forget to share and enter my two giveaways, one for nail art items and another for a $15 Born Pretty Store voucher.

For this manicure I used only one nail polish, my beloved and irreplaceable (unless actually replaced by another bottle...which has happened many a time.) Barry M 'White' which is my favourite white base for nail art (two coats of good coverage and great price) The rest was created with acrylic paints and my bamboo brush. On my thumb and pinkie I added a water colour effect.

I do wish the eye was better, I love doodling eyes when I'm bored but painting across a few a nails was harder then I expected. I should have rounded off the bottom of the eye as it looks too straight - or goes upwards at the sides of the nail which doesn't create the rounded shape I wanted, and perhaps over two nails would have been enough.

Ah well, apparently art is... art. There's no right or wrong because it's the artists perception or whatever, basically when something sucks to high levels I play the art card and act like it was supposed to look that way... Wink wink.

What do you think of this manicure? Have you tried a water colour mani before?

Have a great day!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Ithi, this is awesome nailart! You are so talented <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the eyes turned out wonderful. I love the eyeslashes ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I had fun painting the eye! :D xx

      Delete
  3. Wow, it's so abstract and striking, great one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you A.notcopyacat! I am glad you see it as arty! :D xx

      Delete
  4. Oh Dear! You have done an outstanding art! This mani is a masterpiece! Truly awesome! *_*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is stunning, I love this mani <3

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig