Meet My Friends at FinderThings.net & Stencil Review

*This product has been sent to me to review but as always will contain my full and honest opinion.

Allo polish Pals!

How are you today? I have a special post today and there will be several of these.
I'd like to introduce you to my new friends at The Finder Things.net. The Finder Things is owned and run by husband and wife team, Karen and Jayson with additional help from their one year old little angel. I enjoyed meeting this lovely family run business, they are such sweet people!The Finder Things is an online store featuring a huge selection of unique and wonderful nail decal stickers. 

Just an example of a few of the beautiful decals from The Finder Things. They also stock a lot of great awareness decals.

I urge you to read on if you will, this post has a lot of pictures!



When Karen very kindly emailed me asking if I would be interested in trying their nail decals it was an offer I couldn't refuse. Looking through their store I was immediately impressed with their designs, I became very inspired imagining how to wear these decals and nail art idea's to accompany their designs. Some of their designs have more detail then I've eve
r seen in decals before so I was really enthusiastic to try them out. I'll be showing you these decals over the next few weeks and the simplicity of their application.

Heart Stencils. Click to enlarge.
While conversing with Karen we bounced idea's around and in my package came a real surprise. Karen and Jayson are now creating their very own stencil templates and she sent me a few of these to try out. So today I am showing you a heart shaped manicure using their new stencils.

These stencils are amazing. Why? Because you don't have to stick to just painting in the shape, you can be creative! You can use it as a guide to stamp over, you could fill it with glitter, create a gradient within the shape, Use it as a guide to create a negative nail art manicure or add caviar beads to the center – its up to you how you want to use them. There are really so many ways that make this much more than just a stencil.


 They come on a large sheet with varying sizes, great idea. I was initially worried that my narrow nail beds might be too small to get a heart on each nail but the sizes worked out great for me. I am really glad they include multiple sizes. Even the heart on my pinkie came out super cute.

I started with a gradient manicure (which I later ditched simply because it had bubbled and I couldn't stand that!) and found it very easy to gentle peel off the stencils using my tweezers. They came off the sheet perfectly and were incredibly sticky. My next step was to gently sit the stencil onto the nail. I did this gently in case I need to reposition the heart. Once I was happy with the placement I gently smoothed the stencil around the heart (NOT all of the stencil, just around the cut out design) and used Barry M's White to paint in the center. Using the tweezers once again I gently peeled the stencil off, starting at the bottom and pulling to the top (towards the cuticles).

As you can see from my pictures it has left a beautiful and clear heart, I think this is great for people who want to wear a shape and may not be confident in doing it freehand or want them to look completely uniform. And not forgetting those who want to use different techniques within a sectioned space.

So if these stencils appeal to you please take a look at The FinderThings.net they are a growing business with fantastic idea's behind them. You can also visit them on Facebook and Twitter. They are lovely people and have many wonderful and unique decals. I'll be showing you some of their decals in upcoming posts!

What do you think of these cute heart stencils? Would you want to try using stencils for your manicures?

Have a great day!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. OMG these stencils look adorable! I just checked out their site, it's too cute <3 I love you manicure, that Barry M polish looks gorgeous too <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, great post Ithi, I am not a big fan of stencils but these here look very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you managed to create such a beautiful and stunning manicure!
    Love the product you used for this design :)
    Have a nice week
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! They really do look beautiful!! I should give them a shot :D Thank you for this fantastic tutorial to show how to use the lovely stencil :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful review Ithi!! the stencils sound really great! I'm off to check their store, this is something I would really like to try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These stencils sound awesome! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks cool, great review! I haven't tried stencils yet, I imagine them to be great when one is in a hurry and want something quick but still advanced! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute manicure and the decals too are quite special!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The stencils look interesting!! Thanks you for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwww. Those are sooo cute! I love the heart stencils. I always have a hard time drawing a perfect heart.
    (^^,)

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig