Essie: Leading Lady Swatch & Review ★★★★/5

Allo polish Pals!
How are you today? Did you week get off to a good start? I sure hope so. I know I am really behind with the avalanche of Valentine's Day manicures... If I'm honest I find those kind of manicures just uninspiring to create but I will get a couple in this week. Today I am showing you a red glitter from Essie, this is 'Leading Lady'.



Colour ~ 'Leading Lady' is a medium red based polish filled with small red glitter. In the light she flashes from ruby red and even sometimes there a little hint of magenta. In low light the glitter can appear to be black... I am wearing two coats for these pictures. I think its one of those polishes that can look very unforgiving if you make any mess around the cuticles and you will need a good lashing of top coat to get some real shine. I applied one coat of top coat and I wished I had applied one more to completely move the gritty texture/look of the glitter.

Application ~ I had no real issues – just be very aware of how much you have on your brush. Since the glitter is quite gritty you may need to apply a couple of coats, and maybe even one extra (As I applied in my pinky it looks a bit patchy and lacked glitter) to ensure a good glittery nail! Dry time was pleasant enough.

Texture ~ The consistency of this polish is on the thin side which makes application either a dream or a nightmare, stay away from those cuticles! If you like a gritty texture on a finished nail – great. If not, add a couple of coats of top coat for that deep and mesmerizing finish.

★★★★/5 You know.. I don't have that many red glitters but I am not entirely sure how I feel about this one. To look at my nail it looks stunning when it catches the light. I love the flecks of red that pop out and how the nails even look a darker red in certain light. I think if you don't mind textured polishes and are a huge red fan this could be a real pleaser.

What do you think of this red glitter? Do you find yourself reaching for polishes like these very often?

Have a great evening,
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. OMG, Ithi, this is amazing shade, real, deep red glitter- I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Fife! It is very eye catching in person! It looks like rubies on the nails :) xx

      Delete
  2. I think it looks gorgeous! But I agree, I would also use a thick top coat to smoothe it out because I'm not such a fan of the gritty texture. I loooove the colour a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin. I'm glad I wasn't just being weird with the whole gritty thing. I do prefer a nice smooth coat and I think sometimes it helps a polish to sparkle more. I do like the colour too! xx

      Delete
  3. Oh I've always loved seeing Leading Lady, sooo gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous, isn't it? Is this one in your collection? :) xx

      Delete
  4. This is a classic essie! Though I am not a glitter lover and this polish is a little too gritty for me. But it sure is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I remember seeing this one posted everywhere a while ago. I do love how it looks on the nails but as you say... a little too gritty! xx

      Delete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig