I Met My Valentine At Midnight

Allo polish Pals!
How are you today? Can't believe its almost the end of the week again! Today I have my first Valentines Day manicure to share with you. I'll be honest... I wanted to be fancy which didn't work out too well for me. Do you have any plans for Valentine's Day? Its not really one of my favorite 'Holidays' and the idea of keeping up with manicures for this occasion has me wanting to head butt a wall! Haha...



For this manicure I began with two coats of Fearne's 'Night Owl'. Once dry I applied OPI's matte top coat and began creating hearts using my Oumaxi acrylic paints. I also added some small dots in between using Orly's 'Rose'. I then used an old brush to apply nail glue to the center of the hearts on my index and ring finger. Once the glue was transparent I laid some pinky/gold foil on top and gently rubbed it with a Qtip. I then peeled the foil off. I personally love how my ring finger turned out... the index finger sort of cracked (I guess it adds effect..?)

What do you think of this Valentines Day Manicure? Do you prefer unusual colours or brighter, more pinky/red manicures for this occasion?

Have a great day!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Love torn hearts look interesting and a nice color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the foil! So clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a very original manicure and I imagine that placing the foil with heart shape should not have been easy! you did it wonderfully!
    I like celebrating Valentine's day, and we are going out with my hubby! yay, it's been months since we've been out alone in a date! we are really looking forward to it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Natalia! I had to apply the foil glue with a paint brush, it wasn't really too hard but it doesn't work that well if the glue isn't quite ready - which was hard to tell on the light pink paint I used! I hope you had a fantastic date night with the hubby! You looked absolutely beautiful (From your blog posts, I wasn't stalking, haha) xx

      Delete
  4. whole design is awesome, I love your ring finger- beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Fife! The ring finger foil came out quite well, don't you think?! xx

      Delete
  5. It's sweet! A nice idea to use a black base. I don't like all the kitschy Valentine manis :P Beside yours of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stadtwaldvogel! I wanted something a little different, I'm just not into Valentine's day nails at all.. I'm programmed backwards, haha :) xx

      Delete
  6. wonderful mani, so cute !
    have a nice weekend dear Ithi !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Bubica! I hope you had a great weekend too :) xx

      Delete
  7. I like how this nail art looks like. Especially the hearts with the foil. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Valentine's day! I hope you had a lovely day. These nails are so pretty, I love the metallic hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, I think you did a wonderful job while making this nail art creation!

    All the colors match beautiful together :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the manicure, such a creative idea and great design! Regards, Natasha

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig