31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Day 7 - Black & White With Irregular Triangle Stickers (Born Pretty Store)

This item was sent to me to review but as always will contain my full and honest opinion :)

Allo polish Pals!
How are you today? I hope you had an amazing weekend. I'm still recovering from mine, unluckily for me I'm feeling a little sick and I'm running quite behind on sleep somehow. Anyway, that said I had a really lovely day shopping with my sister in law yesterday who very kindly treated me to some new t-shirt. I'm wearing Bambi!

For today's installment of the 31 day challenge I have day 7 which requires black and white nails. I used Nail art stickers in 'Irregular triangles' from the Born Pretty Store. Don't forget you can get a 10% discount on all their items when you use the code: DRX31 ~  To read my full review (And see a surprise from these stickers) please click 'Read More'

 

 
Oh cool! I actually had no idea these were glow in the dark until last night!
These are black and white irregular triangle stickers, they also have a beautiful very fine glitter/sheen to them for extra glam!  

These stickers are so easy to apply, I began with my favorite topcoat, OPI's 'Nail Envy'. There are 14 pieces in this sticker set and each sticker has a rounded end to apply to finger nails and a square end if you wish to wear them on your toes. I peeled off my desired stickers and had no trouble sticking them on (They are VERY sticky) 

 My only slight issues is that my nails can be quite narrow so for my pinky I had to trim a little extra off before applying. I start by applying at the top of my nail and stretched the stickers over the free edge of my nail – then I could file off the excess sticker. 
Last night while I was hiding under my blanket in an attempt to avoid mosquito's (those little... they are really loving me lately!) I discovered these stickers glow in the dark, and very brightly too!

 I did however make one mistake nail while applying these and my only concern is that they are a little tricky to remove. The instructions suggest soaking in hot water for 8-10 minutes but even then I had to scrub and attempted using nail polish remover. Overall I do love them and think if you need a stylish manicure quickly then this is the away to go; I'll also say these are great for a longer lasting manicure since I have been wearing these since Sunday with no tip wear or damage at all!


Have you ever tried whole nail art stickers? Did you find them easy to apply or having trouble removing them afterwards?

Have a great day!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

26 comments

  1. fantastic ! super that they glow in the dark ! mosquitos go onto light ,,ooopss on your nails now !
    kisses !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, your right,Bubica! Not so good for mosquito's! Do you get them where you live? They are driving me crazy lately and its not even full summer! Thank you for your kind words :) xx

      Delete
  2. These stickers look really cool! I haven't tried whole nail stickers yet - I'm a bit worried about getting them off :) Hehe, I think hiding from mosquitos is probably the funniest way to discover these glow in the dark! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased to report that the stickers came off within a few minutes, I used the foil technique like I do when I wear glitters and it was easy peasy, way better then trying to soak in water/wait/scrub like crazy!! I guess so, it was a nice surprise at least! xx

      Delete
  3. White and black always looks fine but your design is gorgeous! Hope you are getting better Ithi :D
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Fife! I also love a good black and white manicure! I am getting a little better, it's just a bit of a summer cold! xx

      Delete
  4. AWW your nails look amazing!
    I like that triangle design in black and white shades ;)

    ~Xx~ Julia
    Creativenails4fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia! I'm glad you like it too, I really loved the design on the stickers! xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you, Alice. I really enjoyed wearing wearing these stickers, they got so many compliments! xx

      Delete
  6. You are doing 31DC, so fun! I finished mine a month ago.
    Black is my favorite color, and I really like the combination of black and white, plus I have always loved triangles, so this manicure is amazing if you ask me =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did you enjoy doing the challenge? :) Thank you so much, I think the triangles are pretty cool too :) xx

      Delete
  7. Nice stickers! I do like glow in the dark. I used to have the CG glow in the dark polish, but gave it to my friend's daughter. I never even tried it *sob*.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ananka! That is a shame you didn't get to try the polish but incredibly sweet that you gave it to your friends daughter :) xx

      Delete
  8. This is so pretty and I love how they glow in the dark!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margriet! I'm also a fan of their glowy-ness! xx

      Delete
  9. This is a fantastic black and white manicure. It's gorgeous. :-) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ann-Sofie! I really enjoyed wearing these! <3 xx

      Delete
  10. Love the glow in the dark element :). The geometric design is reall striking xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lou! I love it too, it was such a surprise! The design is very eye catching isn't it? :) xx

      Delete
  11. I really like the design! Are these nail stickers similar to incoco nail strips then? I tried something similar once from a cheap super market in house brand but I had issues with wrinkling... not sure if I should try another brand sometime... it might have just been my application...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lovestruck! I am thinking that they are similar to the incoco nail strips from what I've read about them however I've not tried them so I can not compare. I would say I had an easy time applying these all apart from one nail - they are so sticky that if you place them wrong you will have to start again, you can't peel them off and re-align them. When I had that issue it did wrinkle but the rest where easy. I would say sure try another brand to see if you have a better experience :) You can kind of pull/press on them to help smooth out any wrinkles too! xx

      Delete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig