Pigment Splash

Allo polish Pals!
Happy Sunday, are you having a fantastic weekend? We're just having a lazy day in today which is nice, Isn't that what Sunday's are for?! Today I have an unusual look to show you. I once attempted this last year and it was disastrous so I never got around to posting it. But today I think it turned out much better!

I started with a base coat of Opi's Nail Envy in matte (Rather liking the matte version as much as the original!) I then applied two coats of W7's Black and while that was still wet I added Pure Luxe speciality pigment eye shadows on top.

I am sort of undecided on this look, I know I am going to be trying some more like this in the near future. I do regret not bring all of my pigments from England ~ I guess I remembered the idea a little too late!

What do you guys think of this look? Have you tried using loose eye shadow on top of polish/

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Wow, this was awesome! :D First I thought you'd stamped polish on top but the I realized that it's pigment! This is the first time I've seen this and it's so beautiful! Awesome nail art I think! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gelic! :D I'm really glad I retried it, I'm not sure what it was that made me remember it! :D xx

      Delete
  2. Wow I agree with Gelic, this is beautiful! I also thought you had stamped polish on top, but this idea is so much cooler! I can't wait to see what other ideas you come up with for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice! Its alot quicker than stamping but quite messy! Thank you, I have some colour ideas floating around :D

      Delete
  3. I love it, this is such a creative idea, who would have thought! I have some Essence pigments, that are really not great for the skin, do you think they may work for polish? I need to try! also, what kind of brush did you use? a a makeup brush?
    gorgeous mani!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look beautiful. Would make a great base for galaxy nail art too. I've not tried this pigment technique but I need to! Great idea :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this looks awesome! very cool and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant idea! The colours in this are just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so gorgeous! I searched for your other pigment nails after you mentioned them in your galaxy nails post... they are all pretty but in terms of color this one is my personal favorite... I'll go check out your tutorial for this now :)

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig