Freehand Bootylicious Cupid Bear - Valentine's Day Nail Art

Allo polish Pals!
How are you today? Are you excited for Valentines Day?

I've probably mentioned it before.. I'm not exactly anti-valentines day but I don't make a huge deal out of it. Do you have any nice plans though?

Today's nail art is my effort for the Tiny Canvas weekly challenge, our prompt was 'Cupid'.
Well.. I didn't know what to think about that so my version is much more fluffy and has a butt that anyone could be jealous of. Must be all those squats.



With everything that happened in the past month I've been feeling a little underwhelmed with all my recent nail art. I don't think its awful but its just.. lacking. I feel the same with this because I can see so many little mistakes and I wish I had planned his placement better as I think its hard to tell he's holding a bow...

For this one I began with Mezmris Nail Lacquer's base coat, 'Armor Up'.

I then applied two coats of Barry M's 'White' for a nice clean starting canvas and to encourage the acrylic colours to 'pop'.

Next I used my bamboo brush (I may need to say goodbye to him soon.. he's really giving up) to create an acrylic-gradient going from bright blue to light blue and added some blue glitter to the tops of my nails.

I sealed the glitter in with an old and unimportant top coat before moving on to paint the freehand details. I'm absolutely loving my Pure Color brushes in sizes #09 #10 for things such as painting fur.
I finished it all off by applying my Pro-FX top coat and eventually moved onto Barry M's Matte top coat.

What do you think of my bootilicious cupid bear? What do you do when you feel underwhelmed with your manicures?

Have a beautiful day and an even more beautiful Valentine's day, whatever you are doing.

Love,
Ithi
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I think its cute. I loved the bear themed cupid :D
    I am more kinda Single Awareness Day kinda girl ;) But Happy V day to everyone Nonetheless :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww I love your little bear! What a cute Valentine's Day theme. His wings are beautiful! I know what you mean about feeling "off" about your nail art, though- I had an off week last week because of distractions and things going on in my life. I think the most important thing is to not be too hard on yourself. Mistakes are always an opportunity for growth, to re evaluate, and they happen to everyone. I think it's helpful to make a note of what exactly went wrong for future reference, but also to recognize what went right and how every time you produce art, you further your skills and experience so it is never really a "waste."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable bear...I wish I could seat infront of you when you paint such an awesome manis...You are awesome Ithi babe! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your imagination has no limits. This bear is sooo cute and all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't celebrate V'Day but I really like to see cute and creative looking nail art this period of time on social media sites and blogs. I think until now yours is the best one I saw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really... even if my nails were A4 sized I wouldn't be able to draw something like this adorable little bear! I'm so impressed that you can do it on nails... I mean, even stamps are bigger than nails!
    And of course I recognize the feeling that sometimes nail art isn't quite what I wanted it to be. Most of the time I put it on my blog anyway and lo and behold, usually people like it even if I don't. They can't see what I had in mind so they are completely objective and look at it for what it is, as opposed to me looking at it and comparing it to the perfect picture I have in my head. I do try to figure out what disturbs me about it, if it's the color combination or the design but in the end all manicures dissolve in acetone and I have a blank canvas to try again. I guess that's what I like best about doing my nails :)

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig