ORLY Swirls


Allo polish Pals!

How are you all doing? Happy Hump day to you, say they say.
I sure hope you guys are doing better than me, I've done so well not to receive and colds or flu in about a year, I think. This week.. not so lucky. My niece and nephew came over for lunch on Sunday and decided to leave Auntie Ithi the awesome gift of a cold – by Sunday night it was taking hold. Besides that everything else is going well, I'm still job hunting (there just isn't much going..) but in the mean time I am working on future posts so I will have plenty to post when I can start working again.

Today's manicure is one you might not expect, sometimes I just don't feel like painting freehand – a good example of that is feeling poorly so I decided a little while ago to make myself some decals, decals are great for when you want easy nail art but are short on time as you can make them before and the application is pretty easy once you've done it a few times.







I used the following nail polish for this manicure, ORLY's 'Almond Milk', 'Sheer Luck', 'Morning Mantra', 'Pep In Your Step' and for a little holographic shimmer I added a drop of Polish Me, Royalty's 'Unicornacopia'.

The decals were simple to make. Using a plastic page protector I applied some ORLY's Almond milk in a rectangular shape. I repeated this until I had about seven stripes of polish on the plastic and let them dry for around five minutes. I then added a few drops of each of the polishes on top of the existing polish swatches and used a tooth pick to gentle swirl the polishes around, creating the swirling pattern. I left these to dry on top of the plastic over night.

The next morning they peeled off very easily from their plastic backing. I cut one end of the decals into a curved shaped to ensure they would sit snugly around my cuticles and left the other end square for the time being.

Next I applied my base coat, OPI's Nail Envy which is dry within minutes. Once I knew it was dry completely I took my first decal, aligning the pre-cut curved edge just below my cuticles. I gently use my fingers to ease the decal into place, gently folding it along the free edge of the nails to cover the entire nail. You will need to watch out for creases and bubbles – something that gets easier.

Any excess decal that hangs over the free edge can be trimmed with scissors. To get them completely smooth around the tips of your nails use a small clean up brush and some removed to go along the edges, using your fingers again to smooth it out. Finish up by applying your favourite top coat.


When I showed my seven year old niece these pictures she sort of just screwed her nose up.. they might not be for everyone but I knew as soon as I saw these polishes from ORLY's Breathable collection that I really wanted to see them all together some how! 

What do you think of this swirly colour combination? Would you want to try nail art like this?

Thank you so much for visiting! I hope you'll have an awesome day, I'll catch you again on Friday for another nail art design.
  


Love,
Ithi
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. Wow, i love how the two color blending so well together. It look simple but yet to try that out on my own... pretty challenging and I guess practice make perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving these gorgeous nails! I love trying new designs on my nails every week; I'll have to try these ones out myself next week! Thanks for much for the amazing idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the colour combination of this swirly nail art. You are so creative. I hope I can do it to my nails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nail envy is strong today, these are STUNNING! Your posts always make me really smile, you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really neat. Never would have thought of making decals myself. I haven't had good luck getting store-bought decals to work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This colour combination is so pretty. I really love the bit of added glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving this orly swirl designs. So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look lovely. Good luck with your job search.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors and the pop of glitter. I had absolutely no idea you could make your own decals so easily. Definitely trying that with my girls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg. These Orly Swirl nail art is the bomb... how i wish I can do this by myself -- they look stunning!
    From: Calleigh

    ReplyDelete
  11. These looks so lovely. I am terrible at nail art and I can't imagine how you managed to make your nails look so pretty! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the marble nails! Never saw a design like this, must must do this next time I do my nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look awesome! Definitely showstopping, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your creativity, every time I see your work, I am all amazed. These swirly details are so beautiful, love the color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're down with the cold, still you find it in yourself to create such beautiful art... are you even human? I love how the colours blend!
    I hope you'll recover quickly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. love how the two color blending so well together!!!! and i love the shape of your nails

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so creative and talented. You really impressed with your nail art work. and this swirly colour combination is so cute. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh. Em. Gee.!!! :D You are amazing, I love your nail art! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks so cool. I love pretty nails but, unless I go to a nail salon, mine don't last that long.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Catching up again... sorry about that :(
    But I totally love your nails! This is something that I would wear myself and I'm definitely going to add a recreation to my to do list :)

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig