Freehand Flakie Turtle Nail Art With Acrylic-Gradients

Allo polish Pals!

Happy Friday to you all, how are you doing?! Bam, here we are at the start of another weekend! Do you have anything nice planned? I may or may not be going out with my Sister in law for dinner, there was a plan but this whole week my nightmare eye situation has flared up again – my left eye is HUGE.

Sadly because of it I feel pretty rubbish, my vision is blurry, it hurts to bend down.. Back to looking like I've been punched! I had intended to show you a Born Pretty Store review but I have totally mucked the whole thing up, luckily I have a few of the stickers left so I will try again when I can concentrate better.

So instead I'm going to show you something I did at the beginning of the week before it got so bad, If you are a member of Tiny Canvas on Facebook you may have already seen this – the weekly challenge this week was turtle nail art. I really wanted to join in after missing a couple of the other weeks (they are optional but always so much to take part in) I decided to do a turtle in black and white.



So, I didn't have a lot of ideas or planning when I began this little dude. I just knew I wanted an acrylic-gradient in there somewhere so I began with my usual base of OPI's 'Nail Envy' and once dry applied two coats of NYC's 'Williamsburg Vintage'. I added a coat of my Pro-FX for a fast drying finish and then proceeded to create an acrylic-gradient with purple, blue and tropical green. I also added a layer of Zoya's 'Maisie' – yes I am obsessed. I then proceeded to draw/paint a freehand turtle in black and white. I added some swirls and dots (mostly because by this point I was in a lot of pain) and finished off again with my Pro-FX topcoat. I also added Catrice's 'Matte&More' because I find it fun to see how manicures will look!

I'm quite pleased with how this turned out, I think he looks proper grumpy but that's ok!
You may notice my thumb acrylic-gradient isn't as well blended. I tried adding some yellow fish before quickly changing my mind!

What do you think of this turtle nail art? Are you part of a nail community where you've made some good friends?

Have a beautiful weekend, I'll catch you again on Sunday!
Love
Ithi

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. The turtle turned out so beautiful. I am in awe. WOW *-*

    ReplyDelete
  2. The turtle and the background are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your turtle is so cute and the background fits perfectly, looks amazing with the flakies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The turtle looks amazing! I love this mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. To me your turtle doesn't look grumpy but a little sad (and very cute) :)
    Just wondering, did you have a doctor check out your eye? It sounds so uncomfortable (to put it very mildly) and perhaps they have a remedy? Keeping my fingers crossed you'll be better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so beautiful! I love the hint of blue flakes too, it really makes this look like its under water! I hope you feel better :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wohhh...that background is so mesmerizing like a Disney movie! That turtle is having dreamy time! Prayers for you. Get Well soon dear! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig