Freehand Jar Of Hearts Valentines Day Nail Art

Allo polish Pals!

How are you all doing today, I hope you've had a great week?
Do you have anything fun planned for the up coming weekend? My cold is finally on the shift so I am going to focus hard on crunching some miles and getting my polish stash organised (its organised but ya know.. there could be more order!) Earlier nights are also making me feel much better.

Its that time of year again when all the lovey dovey nail art designs start making their rounds, pink and red nails covered in hearts and what not.. I do have a trio of designs aimed at Valentine's day but being a little more on the anti-valentine side. Ok.. I've got one super cute love-themed one. I'm saving that one until last!

I actually did this one towards the end of last year but ended up with so many other seasonal themed nail art I couldn't post it until now. Look how short and nubby my nails look here!







I guess where the inspiration comes from really is Christina Perri's 'Jar of Hearts'. Its not a new song but I fell in love with it last year whilst going through a hard time. so the manicure became the title of the song, literally a jar of hearts.. Some of the best nail ideas can come from music!


As I was painting it I thought more about what I was painting and thought about those who, like me, are single. Be it either happily single and on an adventure of self love and discovery or those who are hoping to meet the 'right one'. I added the 10% off to make finding the one easier should it be what your heart wants. Not that you can go out and buy 'the right one' of course..

For this manicure I used my trust nail strengthening base coat, OPI's 'Nail Envy' and waited half a minute before applying two coats of Essence's 'Rebel at heart' - I've always loved this nail polish.

I applied a thin coat of my Pro-FX top coat to create a nice barrier for my nail art to stick to and moved in with my acrylic paints and Dance 20 nail art brush. I used lighter and darker shades for the hearts and bottle in the hope of making them look some what 3D, I love designs that are completely 2D but look 3D through shading. I sealed the final design in with another slick of top coat and eventually added my matte top coat on top.

What do you think of this manicure, and more importantly what feels do you get knowing Valentine's day is just around the corner?

Thank you so much for visiting my loves, I hope you have an awesome day. I'll catch you again on Monday.


Love,
Ithi

SHARE:

22 comments

  1. aww this is cute. love the details as usual :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talking about nail arts, I was in town this morning wanted to paint my nail and asked for the price, it was so expensive and further surcharge due to Chinese new year coming. I am lucky to see this blog and I shall do it myself instead. I shall follow your instructions step by step and I should be able to nail it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's lovely and perfect for Valentine, your so gifted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like I said the last post, I love seeing your nail arts. They speak so much about your creativity. The days were nail polish was just slathered on is gone and these days nail art has gone teckie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make the cutest manicures sweetie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. This nail art is so so cute! It looks like a painting! gosh you are so talented! the details! so so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow the details are incredible, your very talented! Personally I am looking forward to Valentines day this year, spending it with some of my single girl friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how intricate this design is, you've even capture shading on the hearts! So impressive. So special that this was inspired by a song that (hopefully) helped you through a hard time~~

    Vivian | LIVE IN LOVE
    IG | @viviyunn_

    ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your nail art - you are so talented - I can only just about paint my nails and the results are never amazing lol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely incredible as always, your talent astounds me. I love that the song inspired you, it's a great song

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the inspiration for the nail art. Also loving the nail art, the jar the heart even the vine/ribbon you have connecting the loose hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute! You're so talented xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you didn't overdo the pink and red hues! Everything's so pink around VDay... I've heard this song by Rachel in Glee and that version has been my favourite ever since <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great manicure! What reminds me of Valentine's is red box full of chocolates.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the jar of hearts! How I wish I can have my nails painted by you! I don't usually like nail arts, but yours is really gorgeous and meaningful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! That is really inspirational nail art. Perfect this Valentine''s Day. LOL!!! I hope I can paint my nails like that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so so beautiful, love the art and details, you are so creative. I am glad that song inspired you. Finding inspiration in something and creating this beautiful nail art, superb!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You always come up with such a great nail art. very creative indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love seeing your nail arts and its so perfect!! i love that too

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello, your nails looks very cute! I love glitter and hearts! Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the silver nail polish for your base! The hearts are perfect for Valentine’s Day

    ReplyDelete
  22. You call these nubbies? Want to trade with MY shorties? ;)
    I love your design, shorties or not!

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig