'Bling It!' Glitter Gel Nail Art With A Freehand Sapphire Heart.

Allo polish Pals!
How are you all doing today? I hope you had an amazing weekend?
I didn't really get up to much, just taking care of errands and organizing things. Just a typical quiet weekend, really. How about you?

Today's nail art leaves me a little unsure.. I will just let you guys be the judges.
This weeks theme prompt for the weekly challenge over on Tiny Canvas is 'Bling it!' nails. I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to tackle this one as I've done full studded accent nails before and wanted something slightly different.. so I opted gel polish with the intention of getting a very glitzy, built up glitter look.

I'm really sorry to those of you who don't like gel nail art - Maybe we can just pretend there is no gel?! :')


I created this manicure by applying one coat of NYC's peel off base coat and once dry applied two coats of Catrice's 'Johnny Deep' from the new IconNails range. I again allowed this to dry and followed on with a thin coat of BlueSky's gel top coat; This was the sticky type of top coat.

I cured my nails under my UV lamp for a few seconds and used the tacky layer for adhering my glitter and sequins which was literally a mixture of different types of glitter, iridescent shards and sequins I mixed together. I applied my Born Pretty Store gel top coat (the no wipe, non sticky kind) and cured again. Voilà!

Obviously I didn't need the peel off base for the freehand heart nail so I regular polishes here and used acrylic paints to paint it. On top I sealed it in with my Pro-FX top coat.

What do you guys think of my blingy tips? Have you tried blinging nail art before?

Have a beautiful day my friends, thank you so much for visiting, I'll catch you again on Wednesday, Here's a sneak peak of what's coming up!


Love,
Ithi
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I love the combination of colors, the deep purple with the silver and blue... so pretty!
    (and I'm glad you discovered the ICONails too, I'm really impressed with the quality for such a low price :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. its beautiful :) Very elegant looking. Loved the glitter tips :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bling, the more the better :D This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this look is so pretty, especially the heart!

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig