Freehand Sinterklaas Nail Art - Dutch Holiday.

Allo polish Pals!
How are you today? I hope you are all snug as you read this with a nice warm beverage!

You may or may not know that today is actually a special day for children in the Netherlands, today is the day that Sinterklaas comes! Who is Sinterklaas?...

Here's a little briefing – being an English adult, I've never personally celebrated this holiday so correct me if I am wrong! Sinterklaas (Saint Nicholas) a Dutch character beloved by children and adults in Holland. He is a very kind soul who care a lot about the well being and happiness of children. There's a lot of history behind it so if you are interested *I suggest you visit here* - it has short but to the point information! It's rather interesting!

I decided to paint Sinterklaas on his horse, 'Sleipnir' with 'Zwarte Piet' at the front carrying the sack of goodies as they go along the roofs of the houses.


For this manicure I began with my Mezmris Nail Lacquer base coat, 'Armor Up' for happy and healthy nails. I then applied two coats of my very old and gloopy Barry M 'White' – Really.. you should have seen what a mess this was, ha! Luckily I covered it with nail art! I then created an acrylic-gradient using my bamboo brush and fave acrylic paints. I then loaded my brush up with water and swiped the entire nails so I could then tap a little glitter to the tops of my nails (not the best method, I'm still working on this!) I created all the detailing with my fave Pure Color brush in size 9. I sealed everything in with my Pro-FX top coat and eventually added a matte base because.. I couldn't resist.

Have you heard of Sinterklaas before? Or do you celebrate it? There were several parts of this nail art I was rather unhappy with but eh...

What do you guys this of this nail art? Are there any holidays that you celebrate I might not know about? - I'm interested!

Have a beautiful day, my friends. Thank you for stopping by, don't forget to say hi! :)
Love
Ithi

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Oh, my daughter is super exited for this evening when Sinterklaas comes to her and she will get some sweets and gifts...so yes, it is a big day for her. As about your nail art, I especially love the glittery sky, it looks so realistic and the theme is very well painted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beauiful - I love the night sky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a marvellous nail art!!! A big hug =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! Of course we celebrated Sinterklaas, I don't want to miss out on the chocolate letters ;)

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig