Rimmel: Chin Up Buttercup Swatch & Review ★★★★/5

Allo polish Pals!
How are you all doing today? I hope you are doing great!
I don't know about where you are but the weather this week in my part of Holland has been so gloomy that I thought I'd give us a little dose of sunshine, you guys up for that?

Here is Rimmel's 'Chin Up Buttercup' – could this shade be any cheerier?


Colour ~ Chin Up Buttercup is a beautiful strong creamy lemon shade, its far from being on the pastel level but isn't quite a neon but it does deliver a beautiful pop of colour!

Application ~ I didn't really have any issues with this polish but I did opt for a third coat just for full opacity. Compared to some yellow polishes it didn't streak too much and I was quite happy with the self levelling end result.

Texture ~ I find this one really hard to describe, I'd on the thicker side and feel somewhat like a jelly polish without too much of the jelly finish.

★★★★/5 Considering my yellow collection is quite small it certainly fits in rather nicely. I've got neons, I've got pastels, this just seems to fit in nicely between the category. Would I recommend this to a friend? Yes if she is looking to expand her yellow nail polish collection on a budget.

What do you guys think of this yellow and how has your weather been so far this week? Do you to wear colours that go against the weather/seasons?

Have a beautiful day my friends, I'll catch you again on Saturday!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Wow this is yellow for sure!!! It is very uniform. I like to change colour every time, I don't follow necessarily season trends ;P
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! Everytime I see it I get the surprise of remembering just how bright this one is, ha :) I think seasonal variation is a great thing, it opens a lot more opportunities! xx

      Delete
  2. That's a nice, vibrant yellow, very summer-y :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfectly said, Joanne! Summer in a bottle! :)

      Delete
  3. Cute yellow! I generally follow the seasons but sometimes in the winter I'll crave something bright :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too :) There are some really beautiful deeper shades that I don't think I could pull off mid summer but I like to have my options open! :)I certainly get the bright craving like you do xx

      Delete
  4. I caught a cold so I'm so much for this yellow sunny shade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhh....in my part of India, it's full bright sunny days, and can smell winter winds in the air in morning and late night! Eagerly waiting for winter days, because that's the only season which suits my nail polishes otherwise in hot days they all bubble up and it's not at all an easy task to paint nails in that situation. This yellow is perfect for this season here in India. :-)

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig