Freehand Halloween Mummy Nail Art!

Allo polish Pals!
How are you all doing today? I hope you are doing great! :) Are you officially into that snug autumnal feeling? Wrapping up in blankets and enjoying hot beverages? It's certainly getting colder here in the south of Holland!

Today's manicure was again inspired by the weekly challenge over at Tiny Canvas, the prompt for the challenge was 'Mummies Vs Vampires – I wasn't sure if I should take that literally and have a vampire trying to kill a mummy.. it seemed a little too much, I think! So I went for just the mummies :)



For this manicure I began with my beloved Mezmris Nail Lacquer base coat, Armor up. Once dry I then used two coats of Catrice's 'Generation whYte' (You guys now I like to paint on white, this isn't a solid white, far from it.. but its doing the job) once this was dry I then applied a thin coat of Pro-FX top coat to create a nice smooth barrier. My next step was to create an acrylic-gradient for my sky using acrylic paints and my dearly loved and also kind of dead bamboo brush. I finished everything else with my smaller detailing brushes. Finally I finished by applied Mezmris Nail Lacquer's top coat, Armor... and you know me by now, I had to try the matte top coat too!

Which version do you prefer? The matte top coat or the glossy? I swear some manicures just look better with different finishes.

I realised after painting this that I don't think they really look like mummies. I think I made the bandages just... perhaps too uniform and white. Plus if they were mummified it wouldn't have just been like a skeleton.. I don't know. Tell ya what, its not my field of expertise ;) Forgive me!

What do you think of my Mummy nail art? If you are doing Halloween nail art, what will you be having on your nails?

Have a beautiful day my friends, I'll catch you again on Sunday for my final Halloween-ie mani. Thank you so much for visiting, don't be a stranger!

Love
Ithi
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I love them in matte version. The mummy came out well... deadly wonderful ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the first time I'll say the thumb is scary :O All is excellently done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so good in drawing and painting! Like these mummies a lot!=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely perfect! I immediately thought of the movie The Mummy, same color scheme and all... yep, definitely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too gooood! Your nails are looking like a canvas! :-)

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig