Freehand Abstract Nail Art With Gradients

Allo polish Pals!
How are you all doing today? I hope your week is off to a good start?

Today's manicure came from a random evening of painting. I wanted to do something freehand but I didn't have the energy to do something big, so I decided to just doodle... I wanted to have a lot of colour gradients going on through the different shapes but I think it all looks muddled. Also my gold paint looks really lumpy – I also added two coats of tinted matte polish which gave it an even weirder look!


For this manicure I began with Mezmris Nail Lacquer's Armor Up base coat and once dry applied two coats of Barry M's White. I then mixed some light grey acrylic paint and created random lines and shapes. I then proceeded to fill these shapes in all different colours and did some acrylic-gradients too. I applied Mezmris Nail Lacquer Armor top coat but was really unhappy with how the manicure was looking – It was just so uneven and weird looking so I added Catrice's 'Matte & More' top coat which seemed to give it a vintage-like look.. so I went ahead and applied another coat.... When all else fails.. blag it!

I considered outlining the different shapes but in all honestly I just wanted to crawl into bed and I also thought it might dominate the manicure if I have much ore black.

What do you think of this abstract manicure? Have you done doodle type nails before?

Have a beautiful day my friends, I'll catch you again on Thursday, I'll be showing you some delightful new polishes from a brand that is new to me - I'm excited to share them with you!

Love
Ithi
SHARE:

5 comments

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig