Freehand Syncronized Swimmers - Mighty IG Olympic Collab

Allo polish Pals!

How are you all doing? I hope you had a fantastic week! I think this weekend will be much more quieter and homey than last weekend. What do you have planned?

Last month or so I was invited by the ever so wonderful Dani, (@Stormysway97 On IG - Owner of Facebook's 'Tiny Canvas') to take part in a huuuge Olympic collaboration over on Instagram. The wonderful thing about this collaboration is that I have made so many new friends and met some amazing nail artists that I might not have discovered other wise!!

Dani gave us a massive picture showing all the sports that take part at the Olympics and we were all able to pick which one we would like to represent on our nails. I decided to go for synchronized swimming because I thought I could draw lots of teeny tiny cute ladies! My ladies turned out a little like rag dolls but to be fair... fitting 4 or so entire bodies on one nail isn't the easiest challenge I've faced.


I began with my usual base coat of OPI's 'Nail Envy' and once dry applied two smooth coats of Barry M's 'White'. I applied a thin coat of my Pro-FX top coat and then moved on to my acrylics, starting with different shades of blue to create the water. I decided to have some floating ladies all joining hands, some doing arm movements. I sealed it all in with my Pro-FX top coat and added Wet 'N' Wild's matte top coat because I love seeing freehand matte!  It was also mandatory to include the Olympic symbol in our designs so I added it to one of my ladies!

Considering how small they were I am quite happy with this design, I think they came out fairly cute. Sure I can see a few brush strokes gone crazy here and there with their facial features but all in all.. I kinda like it!
Will you be following the Olympics? What do you think of my tiny swimming ladies?

If you liked this nail art please be kind enough to give it a big share using any of the buttons below.
Have a beautiful day weekend, My friends!  I'll catch you again on Sunday!
Love,
Ithi
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Such a great idea for a collaboration, I find your nail art fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mani turned out so lovely, I really like your tiny ladies ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its brilliant. perfect Olympic nails :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute and really hard to paint! I adore synchronic dance so swimming this way is great to watch too.

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig