Freehand Pokemon Go Go Go! Mew Nails

Allo polish Pals!

How are you all doing today? I hope you are having a fabulous week so far.
Not much to really tell you about here, things are slowly slipping back to the normal routine. I had a lovely bike ride in the sunshine yesterday after a very unproductive day (everything was just going wrong) and the fresh air felt wonderful. I actually went pretty far, further than I have before!

Guys... you know you can tell me anything, right? Have you tried Pokémon Go? Even a little bit?
It is HUGE here in Holland.. and well..the rest of the world it seems. I can actually pick out who is playing it. If your not tapping, or swiping you are probably on a pokexpiditon! I was a huge Pokemon kid back in the day. Gosh I feel old saying that. I remember when the original gameboy games came out, I'd spend hours sat in a tree in a field with my best friend swapping and playing Pokémon in the sun! You'd always have to hope that no one would notice the tv remote batteries are gone and that they would last through mighty gym battles, baha! I was a good kid..

Since its been so crazy-popular I decided it was only right to do some sort of Pokémon nail art.


I decided to paint Mew because I always thought he was so cute and cuddly looking. I also went for the Masterball because... well yeah. You need one to catch him :)

For this manicure I began with my favorite base coat of OPI's 'Nail Envy' (Although I may have been converted) and once dry applied two coats of Barry M's 'White'. I locked that down with my Pro-FX top coat. Next I used variations of purples and blues to create a water colour look. You can see my video on how to do that here. I then freehanded Mew and the pokéball using my favorite brushes and acrylic paints. I also added a ton of stars but they didn't show up too well..


I kinda wish I had gone much bolder with the background, I think Mew is a little washed out. I also had a ton of trouble with his eyes which I'm a bit 'meh' about... Still. Pokémon nails!

If you enjoyed this post please give it a very caring share using the buttons below.
I'll be back on Friday with some more nail art fun. Have yourself a super beautiful day!
Love
Ithi

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Even if I don't know the Pokemon characters I find the colors you used here very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your pokemon go nails. Its adorable :D
    I started to play Pokemon Go few weeks but it got banned in my country just when I reached level two :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not at all aware of anything about Pokemon, but I like this mani a lot...especially the colors you have used are attracting me a lot! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's absolutely adorable :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been loving Pokemon go!! What team are you? Your nails are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty!! :3
    I haven't try Pokemo go because my phone cannot start up the app >.<

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig