Swirly, Starry 4th July Nail Art

Allo polish Pals!

How are you all doing on this fine Thursday?  I hope you've been having a great week. I've been busy with lots of nail art but if I am honest I'm getting a lot of epic nail fails right too - I'm still using the antibiotic eye cream and while I feel like I've got some really unique idea's up my sleeve I can not see clearly enough to do the tiny detail it requires! Still. I'm doing my best to keep the nail art coming :)

Since Monday is the 4th July, even though I do not celebrate I thought I'd do some appropriate nail art - and I really liked the outcome!  Had I been more organized I would have loved to have done several more manicures for you guys with step by step guides... I am really going to try an start doing more stuff like this for upcoming holidays, I think it would be fun!

So rather than having my 4th July nails on the blog on Monday when those of you who are celebrating are all off partying we'll see them now - it also means if you want to try anything from my design you've got time to play around!

I don't know about you but I'm all for the matte version over the glossy.


As always I began with my usual base coat, OPI's 'Nail Envy' and once dry began applying blue, red and white polishes to my nails. The blue is Maybelline's 'Oceanic Blue', the red is 'Alluring Red' by Catrice and the white is NYC's 'Williamsburg Vintage'. For my thumb and ring finger I decided to try and create a one-stroke like swirl using blue and light blue acrylic paint. I added some freehand stars on top with white acrylic. For my Index and pinky I mixed different shades of red to create some really rough lines across my nail to give a slightly textured look. I added a small ruffian and a single white star to each nail. My middle finger is just a good ol' dotticure using the same red and blues, I think this nail really adds a little fun to the whole manicure. Finally to finish off I then applied my Wet 'N' Wild's matte top coat.


I really liked wearing this manicure, its not often I find myself wearing blue and red together but I rather like how I paired these together!

If you celebrate July 4th do you match your nail art for the occasion? What do you think of these nails?

Have a beautiful day! I'll catch you again on Saturday!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. It's like a space mani with an American touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful manicure my dear! I love all the details you've done! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon X
    I love the manicure especially the thumb and accent nails. I don't celebrate 4th of July but I have made a manicure for it way back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Love it! Love it! The one stroke swirls look great and your dots really give it a happy, fun vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely...outcome looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so cool, I love it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you did 4th of july nails and you are not even american! These look gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wohhhh! *_* I am loving it....completely....*_* <3

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig