Freehand Sinister Pumpkins - Happy Halloween!

All polish Pals!
How are you today? I hope your enjoying your Friday and Halloween of course, if you celebrate it.
I decided to fit in one more Halloween inspired nail art before the ghouls come out to play. When I finished this I sat back and looked at my work and was sort of pleased with it. Until the final matte top coat and I saw my pictures... Then I noticed how horrifically streaky the lighter orange appeared which it doesn't at an eyes glance. Shame but too bad; I am really going to be working harder to improve my acrylic painting. Here are some festive pumpkins!
I started off with one thin coat of Fearne's 'Night Owl' and layered Sporty Girl's black glitter from their 'Crush On You' collection. I added my circles of orange using Catrice's 'Orange bloom' and mattified. I then created my details of the pumpkins using my Oumaxi paints and finished with a top coat. I then realised I preferred this as it was, matte. Big mistake I think; That's when I noticed my detailing become streaky. Perhaps less is more...

Pumpkins! Good to eat? Or just to carve? What do you think of this nail art?

Have a fantastic evening no matter your plans,
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. This is such a great Idea for Halloween!
    Those pumkins looks so scary and beautiful <3
    Hope you'll have a great weekend ;)

    xx julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Julia! I thought it might have been quite an obvious choice for Halloween but I had never done pumpkins before so it was something new for me :) Hope you are having a great weekend too :) xx

      Delete
  2. amazing design- I love your pumpkins Ithi :)
    Happy Halloween <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Fife! I hope you enjoyed Halloween, did you find it different celebrating it in England? It was never very popular were I grew up in England! xx

      Delete
  3. Great design. Those are some mean looking pumpkins hehe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I looooove these! I don't understand why you're not pleased with it - I think the streakiness makes the pumkpins look more real and scary! Honestly, if you hadn't said "well it's not supposed to look like that" I would never have guessed because I think it looks great this way! I love these a lot, they look so mean and the background is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robin! <3 You made me feel much better about these. I think sometimes I can be way too picky on my nail art. I go through periods where I hate all my stuff! Thank you for being so kind :) xx

      Delete
  5. Oh my, scary pumpkins! But well done :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. these guys came out perfect! they are so scary, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. angry pumpkins, but i am not scary
    in love with matte top coat !

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig