Day 19: Galaxy Nails (A very poor attempt with pigments)

Allo polish Pals,
How are you today? I hope your having a sparkly week so far? This is just going to be a quick post for me tonight since I am feeling a little worse for wear and I am utterly ashamed at this manicure! Day 19 of the 31DNAC means galaxy nails and I love creating pigment nails so I assumed I could combine the two however the end result has me just...horrified...

On my thumb, index and pinkie I applied two coats of Barry M's 'Plum' gelly polish. My other two fingers began with two coats of Barry M's 'Blackberry'. While applying my second coats I added my pigments (From Pureluxe and Meow cosmetics) I finished this with a top coat and added some 'stars' with my white acrylic paint from Oumaxi (Via SammyDress)

There's no two ways about it. I hate it. I don't know what happened, I've created some really striking pigment manicures before and while this looks so nice in natural light my pictures just look... bleh. The colours just look murky in my opinion..I guess you can't win always.

What do you think of this attempt at a galaxy? Do you think pigment shadows are a good way to create the look?

Enjoy the rest of your evening.
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I've never tried using pigments before... I've also never tried galaxy nails before but it's coming up in my 31 day challenge too! I'm sure these look nice in real life but some things just don't photograph well :( I think the camera sometimes makes things look sharper and more defined (for example the glitter bits) than it would look in real life. Sometimes I find that taking lower quality pictures with my cell phone's camera works better, the pictures end up looking more accurate to real life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I maybe should have used my cell phone; I was feeling so down about the whole thing I just wanted to get it over with in the end, My previous pigment nails photographed so beautifully which is why I couldn't understand this outcome. I'm sure your galaxy nails are going to be very beautiful! xx

      Delete
  2. I think this looks nice :-) And I like the colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowww this manicure looks just so great!
    I personaly think it looks just so pretty ;)

    Xx julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this looks wonderful, actually! I love the way the colors blend into each other. Sometimes we really are our own worst critics. <3

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome!!!!! I love galaxy nails <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are too hard on yourself, these are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are way too hard on yourself. These are beautiful and very clever xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh I love this... it looks so pretty :)
    Don´t be too hard on yourself sweetie cause this is really pretty :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig