Yes Love: 12897 Swatch & Review ★★★★/5

Allo polish Pals
How are you today? I'm feeling so sleepy right now but I'm also excited as my idea's for manicures seems to be back in overdrive which means hopefully I'll have some more exciting things to show you this week – yay! If you've been a visiting to IthinityBeauty for a while... You'll know I battle against red nail polishes. I've never been a huge fan of them and I find they just look a little odd on my nails... Well today I have another Yes Love polish to show you. This is 12897. Since I get sad when a polish only has number's for a name I'm nicknaming this 'Ruby Rood' (Rood is the Dutch word for red but when I say it I think of 'road'..So Ruby Rood makes me think of Wizard of Oz/Ruby Slippers/Yellow Brick Road) Here's the swatch and review!


Colour ~ The colour is a vibrant a sultry ruby red shade which I guess you can also call a crimson. I'm not really say what else to say about the colour apart from I find it bright enough and not too dark to be quite flattering on my skin tone.

Application ~ Application was delightful, I had no streaking, no bubbles and the brush is great. I managed to get this opacity in just two coats. The dry time considering the texture was also another very pleasant surprise. I didn't have to wait long at all.

Texture ~ I would say the texture would be like that of a jelly polish. It's quite thick but it dries into the smoothest glossiest red I've ever used so far.

★★★★/5 So far these 'Yes Love' polishes have been a real success for me, I really like this polish and if I had to reach for a red polish out of my small collection of reds it would be this one. What I especially like is the ultra smooth glossy finish with high shine.

Are you a fan of red nail polish? What's your 'go-to' red?
Have a lovely evening!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. oh ,what a nice surprise for you ! ITHI AND RED :)
    hello dear and finally you have bought some red nail polish ! look at your picture , they are amazing ! love this ruby red !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Bubica! When I picked this polish to swatch I did think of you! I'm glad you like this red and you'll be surprised to know I really enjoyed wearing this one, hehe :) xx

      Delete
  2. amazing shade and suits you very well :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. this color looks beautiful on you! no need to shy away from reds, they look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LittleMonster! I think I will be braver from now on! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Love the smooth red finish of this polish!

    xx julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia! I think the smooth finish is what really won me over! xx

      Delete
  5. Welll I think you rock those red nails!! Gorgeous swatches as always my friend. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann-Sofie! I have to admit I actually enjoyed wearing this red, maybe I am becoming less shy of red polishes now! :) xx

      Delete
  6. I don't like red polishes too but the darker ones are not so bad;) This one looks great on you:)

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig