I Scream for Icecream: Layla Caviar Effect Nail Art

A featured item was sent to me to review but as always will contain my full and honest opinion :)

Allo polish Pals,
Did you have a great weekend? I spent my weekend visiting the market and having a swatch-a-thon in preparation for my visit to England – there will be scheduled posts while I'm away. I can tell you my nails are looking as forward to this break as I am! Today I have Layla's 'Caviar Effect Nail Art' to show you, this is my first time using caviar beads. I must have been hiding under a rock.

 
 
 
As you can see Layla 'Caviar Effect Nail Art' beads are incredibly tiny, perfect in size for adhering to the nail bed. As this was my first time I was unsure what to expect when it came to application but the inside of the bottle has a dandy plastic stopper thing that controls how much you pour out. I decided to pour over a tacky topcoat with my finger in a plastic cup to spare any wastage of the beads that didn't hit the nail.

The colour of the beads is a real mixture! Looking at the bottle and moving it in the light baffles me as it could well be there are only three colours in the bottle, but looking at my pictures I see all shades of beads! The most striking colours to stand out are pinks, golds and greens. I think it creates a wonderful 'sprinkle' effect in my eyes ~ Just perfect for ice cream! Overall these where a really fun experience and such a simple way to add some 'pow' to a manicure, I recommend Layla's Caviar beads!

For the entire manicure: I started with two coats of Color Clubs 'Normadic In Nude'. I then stamped using the CH11 with Konad's 'Special White' polish. On my pinkie I added melting chocolate around the cuticle using a nail art brush and Golden Rose's '28'. On my remaining fingers I applied a cloud effect using China Glaze's 'Pinkie Promise, Golden Rose's '28' and Models Own 'Banana Split'.

What do you guys think of this look, have you tried caviar beads before? What do you think, hit or miss?
Have a great day!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Hi Ithi, your mani looks Yummy!! Great manicure, I love all the detailed, you got a perfect Ice cream look! I only wore beads once and not for a whole nail look, I guess I should try.
    Have fun and enjoy your trip back home!
    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Natalia! I thought one finger with beads was enough as I'm still getting used to the texture but you should certainly try a whole nail! Thank you, I think it will be great to see everybody again! :)

      Delete
  2. Mmmmh, there seems to be melted ice on your waffles - errr nails :-) Love it! The caviar beads looke nice but I wouldn't try them myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stadtwaldvogel, I love that you noticed its supposed to be waffles, I forgot to even mention that, haha. I think they take quite a bit of getting used to!

      Delete
  3. Wow, this was incredibly beautiful! :D I loved the design and placing of the "ice cream" and everything! Best bead nail art I've seen :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gelic that's so sweet, I'm so glad you think so!!
      :D

      Delete
  4. I only recently tried them in the last ten days too! I've been loving them and have created at least three different mani's already! Your ice cream combo is brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked your bead manicure! It looked really cute :) I'm looking forward to using these again and trying new ideas. Thank you Louise! :)

      Delete
  5. this is awesome! it really looks just like ice cream, you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it is really looks like an ice cream. It’s so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This Nails look just soo cute ! <3 well done x

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig