The Devious And Desperate

Allo polish Pals!
How is your weekend going? I hope you have something excited planned? I think its going to be a very quiet weekend here for me as I am sick, boohoo. Still I can use that as an excuse to paint leisurely! Today's look comes inspired from two TV shows. I recently watched a new series called Devious Maids which I enjoyed since I really liked Desperate housewives. Yes, its just as over the top as desperate housewives but it was a guilty pleasure for me!
Still having major lighting issues :c
I decided to go for a devious red and took the lace idea from a French maids outfit. Its not something I would wear typically as I think its a little on the tarty side but for the shows I think it works well. I started off with two coats of China Glaze 'Red Satin' on all fingers expect my ring finger. I then added a single coat of W7's 'Red Dazzle'. Using tape I added a diagonal black tip using W7's 'Black' and stamped on top using the BM 323 plate and Nubar's 'White Tip'.
On my ring finger I applied N07's 'Damson Dream' and added Essence 'Time For Romance' on top. I finally finished my adding a little heart in China Glaze's 'Red Satin'.

I'm not really sure I am happy with it but considering that was done in ill-efforts its ok. I just wanted something sultry and seductive. I think it captures the naughty side of both shows.

What do you guys think about this look? Are you a fan of these shows or have you been inspired to do show related manicures?

Enjoy your weekend,
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I like such tv shows and your mani is really tarty ;-) I don't do much nail art so I haven't thought about a tv inspired mani yet. Buuuuuut if I would do it I would think of TBBT first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TBBT would be awesome! I already have ideas for a manicure for that show but I'm not sure how well it will turn out! You really made me laugh, Tarty it is!!

      Delete
  2. That's a great use of the stamp I never knew what to do with. These turned out great xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lou! I've become quite happy with 'partial' stamping lately!

      Delete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig