Holographic Butterfly Wings

Allo polish Pals,
Hows your week going? I've been a little behind again this week, my apologies. Today is the 100th post and I want to thank my readers so much for their patience, kind words and encouragement.  I've met some lovely people so far! These last 100 posts have been so fun to share with you. I can't believe how much my life has changed, I have changed within 100 simple blog posts. I'm really looking forward to the next 100 too! Today I am sharing my holographic butterfly wings manicure with you!

I started with a base coat and two coats of Color Club's 'Cloud Nine'. I made a gradient using Color Club's 'Eternal Beauty' on the tips (Double the holo! ~ how yummy!) and sealed with a top coat of Seche Vite. I then took the NC01 nail stamping plate and Rimmel's 'Black Out' to create the wings outline. I love this look simply because I am a huge holographic fan and when I turn my hand in the light the color shift is beautiful!  I had the NC01 plate for a long time but I'd always been a little nervous about using the butterfly pattern. My nails are not too long and I always worried I'd get the stamp the wrong way round. I think I learnt a few lessons from this manicure and I *think* my next time doing butterfly wings will turn out better. Tidy up time was not a great job..

I'm still hating my lighting situation. I have so many swatches to do but I'm worried my light is going to wash the colours out and make it pointless.. Hopefully I'll find a fix for this soon as two smart phones and a builder's light is getting a little tedious!

How do you think I did for my first time butterfly wings? Have you tried butterfly wings yet? Did you go freehand or use a stamping plate?

Enjoy your day, lovelies!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. Beautifully made! <3 Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Natalie, I had to honor the 100th post with something I thought would be worthy, I'd been saving this wonderful stamp of yours!

      Delete
  2. Congrats to your 100 posts! I love your manicure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this so beautiful! congrats on 100! i have done freehand butterfly wings before :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Little Monster! I'm going to look through your archives, I want to see your butterfly!

      Delete
  4. Ahhh, this is so stunning!! I love your gradient and the colors you chose for the butterfly wings. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Simply gorgeous! I love the gradient base. You did so great! I haven't tried a butterfly mani (what surprise) but I have another stamping plate from Nails Craze with a cute pullover stamping pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stadtwaldvogel, I have that stamp too and I've still yet to try it out! I'd love to see your butterfly if you try it!

      Delete
  6. Love them! They're so neat and cute and yeah, wow! I feel they maybe could have had a few dots or something on top of the black to even it out, maybe in the holographic colours? But other than that, perfect! I do love a good butterfly mani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alice! I thought about adding dots, I saw a lot of people do butterfly wings that way but the black outlining was so uneven that if I had added dots I think it would have made it more noticeable!

      Delete
  7. Wow, this was amazingly beautiful! I've tried making them free hand but that ende upp to be the most hideous thing ever..haha :D Must try it again XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gelic! I bet it wasn't as bad as you thought! I'd love to see it if you try again!

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the 100! I love this plate so much and you used it perfectly with the holo gradient underneath. Clean up after black stamping is always a pain xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise! I love the holographic duo! I know what you mean.. there was no real easy way around it but an angled brush helped to an extent! xx

      Delete
  9. I think they're gorgeous! I had no idea there was a stamping pattern for these wings, I must do some research (I don't think I'll ever be able to those lines freehand). BTW congrats on your 100+ posts :)

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig