Model's Own: Bubblegum Ice Neon Collection Swatch & Review ★★★★/5

Allo polish Pals!
How is your week going? Hope you had a fantastic weekend! I'm excited this week as my Partner and I will be booking our tickets to visit my family in England. Some of you know I moved to Holland in February so I am looking forward to a good catch up and seeing my pets. It also means I am reunited with the polishes I couldn't bring with me. It will be nice to bring them back and have all my nail polish in one country, one house even! Today I have another Model's Own polish, Bubblegum from the Neon Ice collection to share with you. This one was an utter pain to try and photograph!

First three images are taken without a top coat.
 
 

Colour ~ Bubblegum as you would expect is a very bright neon shocking hot pink. Its incredibly florescent so beware if bold nail colours are not your thing. In my opinion bubblegum leans slightly towards blue, but appears at times to have a super light coral tint. Its really hard to put my finger on what exactly it is. Bold and beautiful!

Application ~ Easy to apply. It covers nicely in one coat and has good opacity but I opted for two coats. Like some of the thicker Model's Own polishes (ie Pukka Purple, Purple Passion) its thick consistency may appear a little streaky after application but as it dries it miraculously becomes smooth. My big word of advice is that if your applying any of the neon ice collection for the first time your key to getting it smooth is to really control how much polish you have on the brush. I've read of people having issues with the polishes thick consistency so getting just the right amount will help you out big time.

Texture ~ Just like Pukka Purple it is incredibly thick, It is a smooth gorgeous texture that dries into a sort of jelly/vinyl finish. When wearing this I actually thought it could look like bubblegum wrapped around the nail!

 ★★★★/5 I have to be honest that I am not as crazy-obsessed with this as I am Pukka Purple. But if your looking for a really strong vivid pink I would suggest this. I do love the finish on these Ice Neon polishes. As I stated before in my Pukka Purple review I applied a top coat and fell in love with just how glossy and shiny this polish looked. I certainly prefer these with a top coat. Without a topcoat it is supposedly matte but in my opinion again its not matte-matte.. its somewhere between shiny and dull.

Have you tried any polishes from the Ice-Neon collection yet? What is your go to neon pink?
Have a great day!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. It's such a pretty colour ! Mhh... I'm wearing my go to neon pink right now, but it doesn't have a name. I bought it in Greece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what brand!? Last year I picked up a couple of Erre Due polishes in Greece and they are so beautiful! Yay for neon green! :)

      Delete
  2. This is a really pretty and bright pink... perfect for summer! Mmm I think my current favorite neon pink is Zoya Lola. I'm addicted to anything with shimmers in it. :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Zoya Lola I will have to look into. I've not bought any Zoya in forever but I'm on polish-purchase-lockdown and its so impossible with the new collections out!

      Delete
  3. It is lovely but I have to say that I love how the cap looks like :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I've never really been interested in the caps of polishes before but it looks soft like bubblegum :)

      Delete
  4. I love this polish, I really didn't think I'd be keen on neon at all before I bought them but literally have been trying to incorporate this one into all my manis lately (including the one you just commented on! :p). Such a great colour! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this color! It seems to be summer on your nails! Thanks for showing! And again: I should get some Models Own polishes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't got any of these but I love your swatches enough that I want to go out and buy some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, now I HAVE to have it! Looks fab!

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig