Not Quite 99 Red Balloons.. But 99 Blog Posts!

Allo polish Pals!
Hope you all had a dandy weekend!
99 red balloons! Ok, there's really only two but can you believe this is my 99th blog post! Wow time flies when your having fun! Maybe most people would wait until their 100th post to be excited but I figured the 99th needed some love too. I had a technical hell this past weekend I am sorry for the delayed post, over the weekend my SD card decided to die and there was no possible fix until today when my wonderful partner got me a new one. I started getting withdrawal symptoms from blogging!

For this look I started by painting two coats of Max Factor's 'Candy blue' on each nail. I worked this into a gradient by adding Model's Own 'Balearic Cool' and Essie's 'Bikini So Teeny' on the tips. I finally finished the gradient by dabbing on Ozotic's Sugar 903 over the top. I then took Mash nail pens in white to create the balloon shapes and filled them in with Layla's 'N05', I also used this pen for the clouds. Lastly I used Mash Nail art pen in black for the string and writing.


I'm still battling the lighting issues so the colours are not quite spot on.. I'm doing my best :( I'm just glad I can take pictures again!

What do you think of this manicure? Have you been inspired to try a sky manicure before?
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Oh, I liked this and happy 99th post! ;) I think I've made balloons before, like birthday balloons but now when I'm searching my blog (had to search) I seriously can't find them so I'm suspecting I might have dreamt it. Or maybe I haven't posted it..
    Anyhow, I've made bumble bees in the sky (that one I found) and that's cute too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gelic! I do that too! About nail art and all sorts of things, I hate getting dreams muddled with reality lol. Bumble bee's and a sky background, so perfect! I do love seeing your nail art :) xx

      Delete
  2. Another great idea of yours! I love blue polish but I never thought of a sky mani before. You see I am lacking ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stadtwaldvogel! I am a huge lover of blues too, sometimes I know I over use blues but any idea where I can add them in makes me happy! Something I realised this year is you can get nail inspiration from practically anywhere! I know balloons are not original but still! xx

      Delete
  3. So cute! Love the balloon idea, and why not celebrate your 99th post - its different and made me smile a lot more than a 100th post celebration would have!
    So glad you got your camera back - I missed your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alice! I'm glad to be back posting too! Maybe its a little backwards of me to get excited about the 99th but its different I guess! xx

      Delete
  4. Yay congrats on your 99 posts!! That mani is super duper awesome! I love the clouds and the balloon... so artsy and cute! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yun! 99 doesn't seem like a lot but its seen so many changes in my life! Thank you for your kind words :D xx

      Delete
  5. this manicure is so adorable! perfect for your 99th post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Little Monster! I'm glad you like it! :)

      Delete
  6. So cute! Love these! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 99 is a great number to celebrate! I love these nails :)

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig