Nails Inspired By... Nike

Allo polish Pals,
How is your week going? Mine has been interesting for sure! It seems like my luck is on an up. Have you had a busy week so far? Today's nail are taken from a random source of inspiration. Footwear! And more specifically Nike. I've currently got around two pairs of sports footwear and one of those includes a worn out pair of running shoes which admittedly hasn't seen the running time they had hoped ~ Oops. I saw some Nike shoes which inspired me. I love the colour combination and thought it would look Caa-ute on nails!

Nike Inspired



Shine And Matte Combo!

I used Rimmel's plain black polish and layered on top Model's Own Matte top coat for a contrasting stripped effect (Inspired by the seams on the trainers I saw) On my index and ring finger I added a line in Zoya's Yummy and Nubars 'Hot Pink'. Finally on my middle finger I made a hopeful attempt of copying Nike's logo using Nubar's White tip and an unfortunate MAC brush (At this point, missing half my collection I am using whatever I can!) The original inspiration came from these trainers.

I love how the pink and blue look with the black. Yummy is a beautiful shade of blue and sadly my bottle has seen better days. I will seriously consider repurchasing this one day and I look forward to showing you swatches. If you love blue polishes Yummy will be right up your street.

What do you think of the colour combo? Do you like mixing shiny finishes with matte finishes?
Have you been inspired by fashion and footwear for your manicures?

Enjoy your Wednesday!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. i love the mix of matte and shiny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Little Monster, Its fun to experiment with :)

      Delete
  2. I am glad you are back and love your life in Holland. This mani is fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Stadtwaldvogel! Yes life here is fabulous! I'm glad you like the mani :)

      Delete
  3. You just mad me crave for a well-done nail art babe! Following you via gfc and bloglovin, hope you'll do the same :-)
    Lots of love
    Coco
    p.s. don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin! http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3862475/la-vie-en-rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative :). My friend has asked me to do a black shiny and contrasting matte mani for her so I will take some inspiration from you xx

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig