3D & Freehand Sushi Nails


Allo polish Pals!

How are you all doing today? I hope you've been having a great week so far. I'm looking forward to this weekend as I worked last Saturday and bank holiday Monday meaning I missed out on all the delicious sun we were having – of course its just my luck that the weather seems to have changed.

All that said I've been having fun at work, I've had so many lovely customers and experiences.

I've been rather excited to show you today's nail art, I've been itching to post it sooner! Sushi is one of my all time favourite foods but its not so easy to get good sushi where I live...still, I found another way to enjoy it!










Besides landscape nail art designs I love painting objects in which I can shade and paint their own shadows, there's just something rewarding about painting something that looks like you could pick it up off the nails – I find food really good for that type of painting.

For this design I began with my usual OPI Nail Envy base coat and allowed to dry. A couple minutes later I was ready for two fresh looking coats of Essie's 'Vibrant Vibes' – the idea of the green background really makes me think of a punch of wasabi!

I then applied a thin coat of top coat and once dry I then moved on with my acrylic paints, painting each piece of the sushi and adding a darker green to create its shadow. Finally, I sealed the design in with two more coats of top coat and added Barry M's matte top coat on top, carefully placing the 3D sushi to my ring finger.


What do you guys think of this 3D sushi design? What do you think of sushi, hit or miss??

Thank you so much for visiting today, I'd love to know your thoughts on this design. Have a wonderful weekend, I'll catch you again on Monday.



Love,
Ithi
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I love sushi and your idea of sushi nails is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another nail art to admire. It looks amazing in 3D effect. You bring exquisite each time. So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a fan of sushi, but your designs are impressive anyway! You are so talented with nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING! your design puts a smile on my face, I love sushi, I love the green background and the 3D sushi is PREFECT! the right size, the pefect colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really stunning, the sushi on the nails look so yummy, especially the pop out one. I love how you use apple green as base for today sushi theme, it really stand out and give me a great surprise. I always look forward to your creativity and enjoy it every weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant work Ithi! Outstanding! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am all about the green back colour you picked, it is so vibrant and lovely and compliments the sushi perfectly. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg that is so cute! I want sushi nails now. I’ve never seen them before. Super talented

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw you've got a way of creating perfection whatever subject you choose for your art. That 3D sushi is incredibly cool, and even though I had so far one - not too successful - encounter with sushi, I feel like ordering some now :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my! That's not my favorite color, I won't lie ... but your art makes is look sooo cute and summery. Hope you had a good weekend :)

    ❥ tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig