Freehand Fruit & Vegetable Nails

Allo polish Pals!

How are you all doing today? I hope you all had a fantastic week?
This week has passed in a blur of cold, exercise and more job hunting. I'm applying for things and literally hearing nothing back from any of the companies. Its so frustrating, I feel like I don't have time to waste being unemployed and I miss being around people, being busy – Don't get me wrong, I am the sort of person who's always doing something but I need something other than home, if you know what I mean.

Today's nail art is one I can back, I grew up in a house were fruit and vegetables were staple and I've always enjoyed my vegetables in particular..so lets have some healthy nails (both from the fruit  & veg and the ORLY Breathable nail polish!)








For this design I began with my OPI 'Nail Envy' base coat – totally unneeded when wearing any of the ORLY Breathable range but I do like this base coat a lot. I tribute my long nails to this wonder. I then applied two thin coats of ORLY's 'Morning Mantra' – I thought this calming blue would look great with the various shades I would be using.

Once dry (so fast!) I applied a thin coat of my Pro-FX top coat for my acrylic paints to sit on top of. I then moved in with my Pure Color #10 brush and acrylic paints and carefully painted different fruits and vegetables on each nail, mixing a slighter darker blue to create a shadow for each item I had painted.

I finished it all off with my ORLY Glosser top coat, simply to seal in the design and eventually moved on to Barry M's matte top coat as I love how designs can look when matte.

What are your favourite healthy foods and which do you enjoy eating more regularly? What do you think of this nail art?#

Have a fantastic weekend my loves, thank you so much for stopping by. I'll catch you again on Monday!




Love,
Ithi
SHARE:

22 comments

  1. I like that you used for this nail art a light blue base each veggie and fruit pops out this way! Everything looks just perfect. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you to get a new job as quickly as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. looks delicious :D Hope you get a new job soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your freehand works always amaze me - how can you manage to put so much detail into something so tiny?! I love how the fruits and veggies evoke Springtime.
    Also, best of luck with finding a job! I'm in the same boat, and I agree, it's incredibly difficult to find a position nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this nail design! It’s so quirky and unique, I’ve never seen anything like it before. Very original.
    My favourite healthy food is a snack plate of pickles, tomatoes and cucumber. Oh and raw onion! I love the stuff!
    Ps good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I visit this blog, it gives me surprises. I love how today theme are vegetable. I am not sure if I can do it on my little nails but I love to see it on your nails. I love the baby blue as the background and the rest of the fruits and vegetable all stand out nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an original nail art. Loving the details of the veggies and fruits! So colorful and perfect for spring too

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors and the designs makes me see that you are ready for the spring time. So pretty. I love the fruit ideas. I need to get a bit more creative with mine than just clear nail polish which is what I usually wear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your attention to detail is amazing. I love the shading. It adds so much depth to your art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let me see... I'll go for the pepper bells, the mushrooms and the carrots, all cut up in small pieces and stir fried... and of course strawberries for desert! ;)
    I'm also keeping my fingers crossed you'll land a nice job soon. Just wondering, what happened to the nail tech training you were considering?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I eagerly wait for your post to know what next creative idea I will dive in while gazing at your nail art. And your art always makes my wait worth. Superb.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the fruit against that blue. They really stand out! And the fact that you hand painted them, I’m speechless

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg! that is so cute and creative! I want to get my nails painted now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These ones might be my favourite yet! Amazing, your freehand work gets better and better cant wait to see what is next!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are the cutest vegetables and fruits I have seen, every post of yours make me admire your talent more and more. Love the details and the colors in this, the blue looks so beautiful as the base coat for all those colorful veggies and fruits.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! Your veggies and fruits nail art looks so yummy!!! LOL!!! You are so creative to do such awesome art like this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think you did a wonderful job on this nail art! I really like every single detail. And the colors are just perfect. This is the kind of nails that you'd like to have during Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My friend also swears by Nail Envy - I think I might have to invest in some, as her nails are just as long and strong as yours! I love the designs you've done here, they're very creative and artistic x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Angela Ricardo Bethea20 February 2018 at 14:14

    This is one of my favorite nail art works that you've done. You are so creative and you really impressed me with all your works.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so awesome! Just beautiful! I love all your nailart. You inspire me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hoping it all works out for you soon. I remember how discouraging it can be to apply for job after job and get no response. On another note, I love your nail art. I love eating broccoli and carrots.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is so adorable! I'll have to show my daughter this; she'll love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so cute and that blue nailpolish reminds me of a blue sky I absolutely love this so creative and unique.

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig