Eye Balls Out! Freehand 3D Gel Eye Nails

Allo polish Pals!

And welcome to the start of another weekend, boy doesn't it feel like the first weeks of January are going so quickly? How are those goals and new years resolutions holding up?

Today's nail art is inspired by two things, the first being the current theme over on Tiny Canvas where this weeks nail art prompt is eyes.
The second source of inspiration comes from my seven year old niece. Now.. When I saw the prompt was eyes I found myself a little stuck. I've done something on this theme before and didn't want to do something too similar. So how does my niece come into today's design? Often when she's concentrating hard on something she'll say “Eyeballs out!” I have no idea where this came from, maybe a teacher at school says it...does it sound like something a teach would actually say..?

Anyway, regardless of where her quirky saying comes from when she saw this nail art she read it aloud and erupted into a fit of giggles!








Oh I am well aware this is a design most people wont be lining up to have done but sometimes you just need a bit of silliness in your life, don't you agree?

I began this manicure with my usual OPI Nail Envy base coat and once dry applied two/three coats of Essie's 'Nice Is Nice' and allowed it to dry. I then applied a thin coat of my Pro-FX top coat to create a nice layer for my acrylics to stick to. My next step was to use NeoNail gel top coat to create some nice round, 3D circles. I used a dotting tool to apply this onto my nails and cured. I repeated the process twice to build up their shape. Next I moved in with my acrylic paints, painting the eyeballs and adding little triangles of colour to the remaining nails. I sealed the entire design in with ORLY's 'Glosser' top coat and eventually added Barry M's matte top coat for a smooth finish.

I love using gel to create 3D elements to nail art, its such a fun and easy technique.

What do you think of my Eyeballs out nail art? Have you ever worn a 3D element on your nails?

Thank you so much for stopping by, have yourself an awesome day and a fabulous weekend! I'll catch you again on Monday!



Love,
Ithi
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Quirky is the perfect word to describe this nail art and I can totally see why your niece started to giggle. I may or may not have done the same when I saw the photographs and read the story :) I'm too boring to wear 3D stuff like this, but if studs are 3D I have worn a 3D element once or twice... and picked it off within the hour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just the best. I'd totally rock these nails, my last name is Monster :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute! A good friend of mine would love the idea. I can't even grown mine, I always have my hands in dirt as I'm a horticulturist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in awe that you did this freehand!! This is seriously awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely amazing, love your adorable nails, love your blog as well, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so creative, I absolutely love how cute these nails are and you did them freehand? Amazing. They would be perfect for Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh this is scary! and so creepy! but would be perfect for halloween! this is giving me time to practice ahah

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks really impressive and creative. It would be perfect for a Halloween. Awesomeness!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be honest those look kinda freaky ... but I can see your creativity behind it. Love that shade of lavender tho; :)

    ❥ tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it!! It's an awesome and very artsy design, and the eyeballs look so very realistic, it's almost spooky.
    Sometimes children have the most strange and adorable ocurrences, that's fun and usually ends up becoming a memory for the future ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woow! This seems fascinating and scary at the same time! I'm sure that my wife will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How unique! I love your designs- the patience and talent. This is a very unique and impressive design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww!! You are so talented. You really impressed me with your nail arts. and this eyeballs out nail art are perfect for a Halloween.

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig