Penguin & Bling Nail Art

Allo polish Pals!

How are you all doing today? I hope you had an awesome weekend, did you get up to anything fun?

I had a lovely birthday on Saturday, it was quiet and cosy but just perfect. Since I wont be able to see my niece in her school play (she got a main character role!) she did a performance of it for me, she may be only seven but I was so impressed with how well she's learnt her lines.

In the evening I had a cheeky Chinese and wine with my family. There was also time for some nail art which is good as I've lost my day off today and will be working pretty much non stop through Christmas, minus actual Christmas day of course.

Today's nail art came from a lack of inspiration.. I feel like I am not producing my best work lately, I'm not sure if my creativity is a little damp from working but hey. It'll come back!






I decided to paint a diddy penguin chick because...well.. Penguin chick! He's sporting his festive Christmas hat (Just like I currently am at work) I began this manicure with my OPI Nail Envy base coat and once dry added two coats of China Glaze's 'White On White'. I applied a thin coat of my Pro-FX top coat (this is pretty dead but I figure it will be ok between acrylic and a final top coat) and moved in with my brushes and acrylic paints.

I decided to add some gold studs and sequins on top, yeah its 'a bit much' but its festive fun so who cares?!

I sealed it all in with my ORLY Glosser top coat (which is win, win, win.)

What do you guys think of my penguin chick? Do you feel ready for Christmas?

Have an awesome day, thank you so much for visiting. I'll catch you again on Wednesday! 



Love,
Ithi
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I think that your always creative and this mani looks lovely and in the same time super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That penguin is adorable... and the tiny little bows too! Made me laugh when you said you had a ‘cheeky chinese’ As that’s exactly what we call it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The penguin is absolut my new favorite little critter you have created. I love how you paired it with a simpler design on the other nails. They are still just as beautiful but it allows the fluffy fella to really stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! These holiday nails are so cute! Seriously, you're talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative. These are so cute. Trust me when I say you have talent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so good with doing nails. These are so cute and festive. I wish I could do my nails like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love penguins! in fact, my bathroom has been penguin themed for years! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, I LOVE cute nail art. Yours are dazzling cute and just perfect for Christmas. Can you do mine!?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your penguin is so cute! I love your nail art, you are amazingly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The penguin is so cute! Is there a reason why you put the penguin on your ring finger instead of thumb or other fingers? It's so fluffy and adorable~, will be cool to have it on all the nails~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another manicure I will NOT show my nieces, this is adorable!! Of course the chick is the main feature but I love the bows with the gold sequins and studs. In fact, if I find a bow stamp I could do something similar myself and be pretty happy with it :)

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig