Freehand Cupcake & Party Nail Art - Happy Birthday Tiny Canvas!

Allo polish Pals!

How are you all doing? I hope you've had a great week. Thank you to those of you who wished me good luck this week and my job interview.. I'm happy to say I had three interviews lined up and I actually got the first job I interviewed for, which is the one I wanted the most!

I should start this coming week and I am so excited. Its not full hours to start with which I think will be a nice way to settle into things. Did I say I am excited?!

Today's nail art is not one I am too happy with.. I had time pressure and made a few mistakes but I really wanted to share something as it was created for Tiny Canvases second birthday. What's Tiny Canvas? Its a beautiful nail group on Facebook – seriously, it is the best nail community I've come across, everyone is so kind, supportive and all the members encourage each other. I've been a moderator for quite a few months now and it is such a joy to be apart of. You can join Tiny Canvas right *here*

So here's my 'Happy Birthday' nails for the current prompt. I'm not sure if these are cupcakes or if there are little kittens under all that icing. Dang! Now I wish I had included ears!

 
Look at the tips, you will notice some water droplets. This thermal did not want to change colours for my pictures!

For this manicure I began with my OPI Nail Envy base coat and once dry I applied two coats of Cairuo thermal polish and a single coat of Barry M's 'Diamond Glitter'. I then added a thin coat of Barry M's top coat and allowed to dry. Next I used my acrylic paints to create all the freehand details on top. My final step was to seal all these details in with another two coats of top coat.

As I said, I didn't really get the input I wanted with this design, I was a little rush and made some mistakes I didn't have time to fix as I normally would (if you look really hard you'll see exactly what I mean.)

So what are your plans for this weekend? Mine involve clothes shopping for the new job – Note to self. Do not buy nail polish Ithi.., video editing (gasp..) and some family time.

I hope you have a fantastic weekend, thank you so much for visiting! I'll catch you again on Monday for some more nail adventures - I'm excited for Monday's post!



Love,
Ithi
SHARE:

26 comments

  1. Awww so adorable. such a sweet manicure. Happy Birthday to Tiny Canvas :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you for the job you get!!
    The manicure is super pretty and sparkling!!
    Snuck! ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of those little toys foods, Shopkins that's what they are called. I love the ombre effect with the glitter overlay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this nail art is amazing!! I just started getting into nail art, but I'm not very good at it yet lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg! Your nails look super cute! I’m absolutely crazy about the cuteness of your mail art! And it’s so neat! Sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love your birthday nail design! The colors blend in so well and the sparkles are adorable. The little cupcakes make the design come alive :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that nail are looks amazing. I would be terrible at this, as I can just about apply nail varnish. Loving the nail design too very cute x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! Never even thought about Nail facebook groups. I guess there's a community for everything. And no need for ears, I think they ate cute enough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to your new job, that's awesome :)!! I hope you will like it, can totally understand that you're excited!

    You're nail art is so fun, it really makes me happy and smile. I love the thermal polish, the colours are georgeous. Plus it's sparkly, and the freehand is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how cute, I know a couple young ladies who would absolutely love this nail art.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't see the mistakes at all! Your nails are very cute! I joined the nail art page you mentioned. Thanks for mentioning it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg can I just say those nails are the cutest thing I've ever seen? they look perfect! if there's any mistakes, I can't tell for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your nails! Great way to make a fun statement.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! this is amazing and super cute freehand Nail art. I really love the design, and I want this design in my nails!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your new job! And cool nails!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute and beautiful. I love the composition of the colors and the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute! what kind of tiny brush do you have to do your detailed nail art! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on your first job. Those nail art look as sweet as cup cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh man, my nieces would get a kick out of my nails if I did something like this. They are always checking to see what color or design I've gone with, and this is too cute not to surprise them with. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow these nails are the cutest....and congratulations on the new beginnings hope you see immense success!

    ReplyDelete
  21. First, Congratulations on your first job and these nails art is awesome and make it more prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well if you made any mistakes, I don't see them. They look awesome. I'm always amazed at how intricate these decorations are!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG! They look AMAZING!!!!!!! I would love to be able to do something like this. You really are talented.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on the new job, hooray!!
    and also happy birthday to the group :D
    PS. I don't see any mistakes either ;)

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig