Diamonds & Lesser Pretty Rocks - Freehand Nail Art

Allo polish Pals!

How are ya doing on this wonderful Wednesday? I hope your week is going well.
I've been so busy this week already, I've done so much cleaning around the house and organising of..well.. all sorts of things!

I'm back with another design for the weekly challenge over on Tiny Canvas (Come join us, its such a lovely, friendly and fun community – the challenges are not mandatory ;) Our current theme is 'crystals, minerals and fine rocks'.

Well.. here's my rock collection!


I decided to combine some boring garden stones with some sparkling diamonds for this nail art. I sort of thought the contrast would be quite fun and stand out nicely on a black background. I some what regret my base choice because if I had done another colour I could have added shadows but its still fun none the less and man.. I was not going to try painting those diamonds again!

I began this manicure with my OPI Nail Envy base coat and once dry applied three coats of my Catrice Noir black nail polish. I again let this dry and applied a slick coat of my Pro-FX top coat which is a nice barrier to paint on top of. I used my acrylic paints and brushes to freehand the diamonds and rocks and sealed with another layer of top coat. I finally added my Barry M matte top coat which suited this manicure puuufectly!

Which stone do you like best here?! The rough, dull brown ones or the shimmery, glinting, glistening blue ones?!

Have you ever created any type of nail art based on rocks or marbling? What do you think of this design?

Have a lovely day my precious naily friends! Thank you so much for visiting. I'll be back on Saturday for some more nail art fun. Here's a shhhhneak peak!



Love,
Ithi
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Love the fun and creative idea to mix the diamonds with the rocks! Very different and super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm... I'm going to call those brown ones just uncut rubies and the silver-y grey ones are unpolished moonstones... yep, all gems on your nails, no rock to be seen :p (and I love the paint job on those diamonds... awesome!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look, especially the diamonds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a precious nails...You are right contrast is a real fund and those diamonds are making everything glamorous here.

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig