Freehand Purple Dragon For Dani's Birthday!

Allo polish Pals,
How are you all doing today? Everything is going pretty well here. I've spent the past week sort my room out (just fine tweaking to make it more..'mine') and today my Helmer should arrive. I'm excited that my polishes will have a proper home!

If you follow me on Instagram or are part of Tiny Canvas you may have already seen this nail art as it was created for a birthday collaboration.

Yesterday was my dear friend and Tiny Canvas admin and owner Dani's birthday! The other moderators and I all got together to create a surprise collaboration for her in the hopes of giving her a few smiles. Dani is a really wonderful person, she's so warm and funny. Its not just my friendship with Dani I am grateful for but all the work she put into creating Tiny Canvas, keeping it running and all the amazing people who have benefited from her hard work in the nail community. She'll be the reason why so many nail enthusiasts are friends - that's pretty awesome!

It was decided the theme would be purple & dragons, two of her favourite things!



Since a lot of my stuff had been boxed up and moved to England during the time of painting this I had to use my Barry M 'White' and work heavily with my acrylic paints – I had thought of the perfect purple polish to use but alas.. it was not to be.

I began with my usual OPI base coat and once dry applied my Barry M 'White'. I again allowed time to dry and proceeded with my Pro-FX top coat to create a nice base for my acrylics to stick to. I created a dark acrylic-gradient using my fluff brush (I'm SURE its not intended for this use!) and used my fave Pure Color and Whatsupnails brushes for all the details. I finished off with two coats of top coat and finally my Barry M top coat.

I am kinda pleased with my dragon!! I avoided trying a proper dragon for so long, now I think why?! My only qualm is why didn't I make more of an interesting background? I should have had mountains or something.. argh.. well..

What do you guys think of my birthday-dragon tribute? Have you done dragon nails before?

Have an amazing day! Don't forget to leave your thoughts in the comments. I'll be back again on Wednesday.



Love,
Ithi

SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Your dragon is gorgeous and the lack of more "stuff" in the background just means he gets all the attention as such a regal creature deserves ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Joyce. I guess thats true, not every nail needs to have something crammed into every possible space! I think he deserves the attention too :)

      Delete
  2. Your dragon is perfect...mystical and magical! I love that he's the center of attention on a simpler background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous detail in that tiny dragon! Your freehand designs always amaze me, and once again I am impressed with how much detail you managed to pack into such a tiny design! Stunning work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Rachelle! I really do try and squeeze detail in! I've been finding it hard lately as I only have natural daylight, painting at night is impossible until I get myself a lamp!

      Delete
  4. These are gorgeous! I am seriously amazed by your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dragon looks amazing, I love it! It doesn't need "more" background, it's perfect the way it is. We don't want to get distracted from the dragon, do we :-p ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dragon is so amazing. Your details are amazing Ithi. <3

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig