Swirly Freehand Acrylic-Rainbows and Tiny Stars!

Allo polish Pals!
How are you all doing today? Did you have a good weekend?
Mine was crazy busy, on Saturday we went to Mr Bravo's nephew's second birthday party. It was lovely watching him rip open his gifts with the excitement only a two year old knows!

Then around 3.30pm we boarded a bus in the Spijkenisse centrum which took us to Amsterdam where we watched a concert by a band called 'De Toppers' – they are a Dutch tribute band that do all sorts of songs both in Dutch and English. It was SO much fun but we didn't get home until 3-3.30 am and honestly it's killed me a little! I am not used to these late nights, haha. If you were around on Instagram you may have seen me go live :)

Today I have another design once again prompted by the weekly challenge over on TinyCanvas. I feel like I've had a lot of practice with this particular theme.. RAINBOW!!! 


So for this nail art I decided I was going to do another acrylic-gradient. Highly time consuming, mostly relaxing with a smidgen of frustration.. but always a delight come the end I find. This basically means painting each colour one by one with a paint and mixing paints to blend the colours through to the next.

I found trying to do a swirlier acrylic-gradient a whole new challenge. No lie, it probably took longer than my usual ones!

For this manicure I began with my OPI base coat, 'Nail Envy' and once dry applied one thin coat of Barry M's 'White' nail polish. Once this was dry I then added a thin coat of my PRO-FX top coat to create a nice smooth barrier for my paints to sit on top. Next came the 2-3 hour process of blending (attempting) those babies together!

What do you think of this manicure? Do you like rainbow nails or do you prefer to stick to just a few colours?


Have a beautiful day, my friends. Thank you so much for stopping by! I'll catch you again on Wednesday for some more nail art fun!


Love,
Ithi
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Oh wow, this turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, I thought the same what Emma had thought. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! The rainbows are so much fun! Our weekend is still going over in the states, as today is Memorial Day, and we are having a great time! Taking a break right now, but we are going swimming in a lottle bit and the kids are so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I definitely don't limit myself to just one or two colors but an entire rainbow is something I still have to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love love love it....Do I even need to tell it? <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig