Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone. 3D Rain Drops and Acrylic Rainbows!

Allo polish Pals!

How are you all doing today? If you tried to visit in the last couple of day's you may have noticed my blog was down, or at least displaying irreverential information.

I had been in contact with my hosting company for a few weeks before I knew it was set to expire and had been in tech support chat multiple times and was promised that if I didn't renew my hosting that my domain would be absolutely fine.. however it wasn't. Because of their misinformation my domain went down and became inaccessible. At which point they held their hands up, shrugged and told me it wasn't really their problem any more... Since it was pretty much their fault in the first place (hence me checking with them weeks before) I made the hasty decision to change companies – this involved some learning!!

Hopefully now everything will be fine, I've got all my fingers crossed there's no more trouble!


Did you know that tomorrow is 'Umbrella Day' ? I kid you not! Luckily my blog is back in time so I can share these with you! I'd also like to say I am inspired by my good friend Narmai who has created some beautiful water drop manicures in the past!


For this manicure I began with my Mezmris Nail Lacquer base coat, 'Armor Up' on all my nails.

For my rainbow nails I applied two coats of Barry M's 'White' and carefully blended each of the rainbow colours together using acrylic paints and my old hideous bamboo brush (Considering he cost $0.99 that little guy is trooper.) I then carefully painted 'Ain't no sunshine' to my middle finger and freehanded the umbrella with my Pure Color #10 brush. I finished these off with my Mezmris top coat, Armor and finally added my Barry M Matte top coat.

For my raindrop nails I applied two thin coats of Barry M's Blueberry and allowed time to dry. I followed on with two coats of ORLY's 'Sky Blue' colour flip nail polish. Again I allowed ample time to dry before adding a coat of Barry M's Matte top coat. My final step was to apply some drops of gel top coat from BlueSky using a large dotting tool and then curing them under my lamp for a few seconds.

I really love how this manicure turned out, actually. There ain't no sunshine when she's gone.
If I could change one thing I wish the word 'sunshine' wasn't so squished in but hey.. its a long word and I'm not the best at nail art with writing so I'll take it! I will consider my placement next time though.

What do you think of this nail art? Have you done raindrop nail art before or used gel to create a 3D element?
Thank you so much for visiting, don't forget to stop and say hi! Have a beautiful day, I will catch you again on Saturday.
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Very pretty, and fortunately there are rainbows, so it isn't all so sad ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tsssssssssss... the title of your post made me spend hours on YouTube! (had to look up who sang "Ain't no sunshine when she's gone" of course and kept clicking on other videos after that)
    Your manicure looks great. I definitely prefer the weather on your nails over the grey and cold outside ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That water droplet effect is so cool! I was curious about how you did it- so smart to use gel polish. It's a mixed media manicure! So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh that's really georgeous, love this mani!
    How do you remove the gel top coat?
    I'd love to try some, especially for the chrome powder manis, but I'm afraid of the removing process :( and peel-off base doesn't work for me, it sticks to my nails as hell and damages them when I remove it :( so no gel top coat for me :'D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very well done Ithi! It's my favourite! <3

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig