Freehand Squishy Marshmallow Nail Art

Allo polish Pals!
How are you doing today? Have you had an exciting weekend? Yesterday we had my 5 year old niece's party. It was pretty good, she really enjoyed it. There were kids everywhere; And I mean everywhere. She enjoyed sharing her Frozen cake with all her little school friends. It was done in a 'soft play' center so they had lots of slides and things to play on. No doubt she will sleep well tonight. Actually, I probably will too after watching them run around all afternoon!

Can I share a secret with you?... Tomorrow I will be smoke free for a week! Its not something I've ever bragged about on here because I'm painfully unhappy that I ever started smoking in the first place. But together with my mum this seems to be going well, I feel confident that by the time I go back to Holland I wont be tempted!

Today I have what I hope is a cute manicure, these little guys are just chilling out, being all mellow ;)

(I feel like I've seen 'I'm so mellow' somewhere else... I'm not sure if it was on a t-shirt or something, I really have no idea. Do you ever get that feeling? I hope I have not ripped someone off or something!?)

I figure you can't have a miserable marshmallow, they are too squishy and floomphy (Of course that's a real word, what are you talking about?!) not to be happy.

For this manicure I began with two coats of Barry M's 'Huckleberry' and once dry applied a coat of Deborah Lippmann's 'Glitter In The Air' – still obsessed with this polish. I then used my acrylic paints to add the marshmallow's and finished with my Catrice topcoat.

I tried really hard with the lettering. In case you can't read my writing (which, lets face it is not the easiest to read at the best of times!) it says “I'm So Mellow”. Looking back it was a reaaaally stupid idea to do the writing in white. Lesson learnt.

What do you think of my squishy marshmallow nails? Have you done written art on your nails before, did you find it easy or hard?
Enjoy your Sunday!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

22 comments

  1. So so sweet! I have never written anything on my nails. But here it is a good match!
    Congratulations to being smoke-free, my dear! You can be proud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, Stadtwaldvogel! You are so kind, I can do it! Still going strong and do not want to go back now :) xx

      Delete
  2. Aww! These are super SUPER cute Ithi!! I LOVE that they have different faces and they're all so CUUUTE!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Minnie! You are the queen of cute nails so that is such a compliment :D xx

      Delete
  3. Just over the top adorable!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a supercute manicure!!
    Yaaaay and congrats for being smokefree one week!! Way to go Ithi! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ann-Sofie! Go me, Super Ithi! xx

      Delete
  5. Cute funny marshmallows. Hand writing on nails? I found it quite hard to achieve a 'natural' looks, not as if a child was learning letters :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, A.notcopyacat! YES that is exactly how I always feel about my writing! It does look like a 4 year old did it.. ah well! :D xx

      Delete
  6. AWW this manicure is so cute, you are a true artist ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Julia <3 xx

      Delete
  7. Awwh, that's so super cute! Very well done! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hola! How is this so cute?! And loving the colours, oh so pretty. Seriously.

    Congrats on the nonsmoking!!! I know it can be tough - went through it with some of my family members. Push through! It's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh thank you so much, Catherine! And thanks for the words of encouragement! I'm still doing fine, its just certain moments where it seems habitual but I've not given in! Now it is getting easier, I think my body had to get rid a lot of toxins and what not, but I see health improvements already with certains things, I think. :) xx

      Delete
  9. So much cute! And a big congrats on being smoke free for a week! I know you can keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jack! I'm still going, I can do it! xx

      Delete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig