Freehand Acrylic-Gradient Rainbows & Tribal Nail Art

Allo polish Pals!
How are you all doing today? I hope you had a fantastic weekend. I didn't really get up to much.

I did a little painting (sadly nothing too special) and had a huge tidy up of my painting corner, putting away polishes I'd been using recently and just generally maximising my small space by reorganising where certain things live to give myself more room and easier access to all my photography equipment. It wont be a struggle to get my pictures done now!

Today's nails are very... meh. I did this completely randomly, if I am honest with you. I didn't have any clear idea where I was going with this, it just came to be; And with poor planning always comes a manicure where one thing just doesn't 'fit'. That'll be my middle finger. I don't know why I did what I did.. or why I did it so badly!!


For this manicure I began with my usual base coat from Mezmris Nail Lacquer called 'Armor Up'.
Once this was dry (blink of an eye, shake of a lambs tail. Very fast!) I applied two coats of Catrice's 'Generation whyte' and decided that this time.. I wouldn't just cover her up with acrylic paints! I applied a coat of Pro-FX top coat and once dry began creating very light grey sections on my nails using acrylic paint. Again using my acrylics I then began to block out the colours of the rainbow and carefully mixed shades in between to blend the colours together and create an acrylic-gradient.
I finished it all off with Mezmris Nail Lacquer's top coat, 'Armor'.

I'm not too happy with this one, I mean.. I like the gradients because I enjoy doing gradients with brushes and I like rainbows.. but I should have taken more care with everything else. The lesson learnt is... Don't paint in the dark. Don't paint before I've thought my idea's out!

What do you think of my tribal/rainbow manicure? Have you tried gradient using acrylic paints?

Hope you guys have a wonderful day, thank you so much for visiting. I'll be back on Wednesday for some more nail art fun!

Love
Ithi
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I think it looks really lovely, the gradient is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A combo of rainbows and geometric patterns, why not? I haven't seen anything like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Those tiny detail lines are amazing, and the contrast of the rainbow colors with the black and white is striking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous rainbow variation <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. love how to combined tribal pattern and rainbows ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great! I love the look of the gradient! Haha, I have the same problem though -- I always start painting before I really know what I want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this idea of combining rainbow with trial pattern! I am dying to try rainbows on my nails and tribal is one of my favourite patterns...just waiting for my nails to grow little long! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love with the rainbows. I'm sure you're not surprised :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see what you mean... love the gradients, love the black and white accents on the other nails, the middle finger design doesn't quite fit. I guess that calls for a second chance ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love this look, especially the Greek keys!

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig